habs lose koivu after season...hope not

koivu-11

ok well as all u guys know koivu signed his qualifiying offer at 3.4 million for only one year:?- and i read that he will test the free agent market next year and also would like to stay in mtl because he feels he belongs here.

now will montreal sign koivu iam thinking they will for the reason he is there capitain one of the top scorers on the team and a player with a HUGE! heart for the team and the game.

i say if he does well this season with kovalev and zednik on the same line like a new career high or with new style , something that makes koivu better i would offer 5 year deal 16 million first 4 years he gets 4 million and then an option for his last year...

what do u guys think? :hlogo:

The habs won't dump Koivu. He's too central to the team. Also, though he will consider the market after this year, I'm sure that he will stick with this team. I'd be surprised to see it unfold any other way.

yea me to i am all the way with koivu i belive he wont dissapoint us he will stay in mtl , and some ppl dont give him enough credit...

i dont want to act like i hate some ppl but i remember in the bell center last season some drunka$$ frenchman was there insulting koivu for that he wasnt french....i blew it on that gave him shit and he never talked after that but its the point that ppl didnt give him so much credit wich piss's me off

Koivu will always be loved in Mtl, but as for his market value, that depends entirely on his production this year because other teams don't have any sentimental attachment to him like we do.

That's why I thought it would be better if he signed on for 3 or so years, because with Kovalev he should put up great numbers this year, and his stock will rise.

Anyway, we'll see.

[Edited on 17-8-05 by JeanLucPilon]

Koivu is going to stay in the team for years to come in my opinion unless he either gets injury-prone, stops putting up points, starts asking too much money and if Gainey pulls another ace out of his sleeve and finds a better replacement.

Who knows, maybe negociations didn't go so well and Koivu was fet up of the barganing process and just took his qualifying offer.

Another article on Koivu and long-term possibilities. Paragraph 4.

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/mtl050816.html

:ghg::ghg::ghg:

Originally posted by Tony

Koivu is going to stay in the team for years to come in my opinion unless he either gets injury-prone, stops putting up points, starts asking too much money and if Gainey pulls another ace out of his sleeve and finds a better replacement.

Umm, when did Koivu become non-injury prone? In his 8 year career (I'm not counting the year he missed 79 games due to cancer, as that is not an injury) Koivu has played 70 games or more just twice.