Alumni Game Rosters...

Quebecois

Roy doesn't want some 60 years olds scoring against him... what if he wants a comeback... just kidding....

I still think, at some psychological layer, he doesn't want old timers to beat him though.

Brunet playing is really stupid. Why not invite Eric Chouinard then? He played for the Habs too. Or what about Kjellberg?

Just kidding.

Honestly, I don't have much interest in old timers' games. Don't hate me for what I am about to say, but even at their peak (except for Gretzky, Muller, Brunet, and other guys who played recently) they don't really compare to today's players. So at 50-60, and the factr that there is obviously no competition (which is perfectly normal), that makes for one boring hockey game.

It's funny how people keep saying that players today are terrible, but I was watching some "classic" games the other day, and I was so disapointed. The game was filled with mistakes, and turnovers. Goalies could hardly ever stop any decent shot, so yes there were more goals back then.

But it does make you realize that there is something wrong with the game today. So much talent, and yet such a dull and boring display. The players are twice as big, twice as fast, twice as talented (heck, some players not so long ago couldn't even skate backwards), and I don't believe they have lost the desire to win. However, players have become machines. Defensemen are huge, fast, and well trained. They hit the opposing player and clear the puck right away, like it was so easy, and it is for them. Coaches have installed extremely efficient and safe systemsbased on these big machines.

I really believe the rivival of the game passes by larger ice surfaces. We need to give forwards a chance to beat the dmen. We need to allow for mistakes to be costly if we want to see more goals (although I don't believe that more goals equals a better game). People sat that the talent bank is spread amongs too many teams, but that's BS... we just need to give all that talent room to work it's magic.

It's just not normal that Chara is an all-star while V. Bure is not much more than a journeyman...

That's just my opinion...