Unsigned players

sakiqc

RFA - Mike Comrie still unsigned by Edmonton

I found a funny mistake on theDaily Herald :

Oilers general manager Kevin Lowe is taking a hard stand with Comrie, who got $35 million in bonuses last year on top of his $1.02 million salary. Lowe has offered a 10 percent raise; Comrie wants $2 million a season.

lol.. actually, it's more 3.5 than 35 hehe. Comrie is practicing with Michigan Univ.. Edm offers nothing more than the minimal raise.

RFA - Gaborik is playing in Slovakia.. has 7 pts in 3 games.. made 1 million last 3 season, AND 10M$ in bonuses.. want 10M$/3 years

UFA - Steve Thomas.. supposedly close to sign with promising Buffalo.. I'm beginning more and more to think the Sabres could be one of the team to watch this year. But:

RFA - Miroslav Satan.. not close to get a deal with Buffalo.. will play in Slovakia (same team with Gaborik? lol) He wants 5M$/ year. BTW, Satan doesn't have any agent..

Edmonton is being extremely cheap, which in a way they might not have much of chance.

Comrie at 2M is more than fair. They could sign him on a long-term contract, meaning they might have a chance at keeping him on the mid-term. However, Comrie might now develop a negative attitude towards Edmonton, and might try to leave as soon as he can.

The next CBA better give extraordinary gains to the owners, otherwise I don't give Edmonton much longer before they lose their team. The fans won't take this much longer.

Satan finally signs, 10 M$/ 2 years

Buffalo offensive will look very good. If they have a good chemistry, they could compete with Ottawa.

I'm serious!

Many of them were in a slump the last years.. we better hope they won't wake up this year.

I don't see how Buffalo's offense is so much better than ours!

1st line centre: Koivu>Drury (trust me he is, if Drury couldn't get 60 pts. with Jarome Iginla even though he struggled then he sucks)

1st line LW: Ryder/Bulis<Satan

1st line RW: Audette>Dumont (JP too injury prone and Donald has the potential to score 30)

2nd line C: Ribeiro>Briere (I think Ribs is the better offensive player and we'll see it this year)

2nd line LW: Zednik>Connolly

2nd line RW: Hossa>Afinoganov

1st D: Markov>Delmore

1st D: Rivet<Mckee

Goalies

Theodore>Biron

Garon>Miller (though maybe not in the long run)

Chris Drury - Daniel Briere - Miroslav Satan

Maxim Afinogenov - Jochen Hecht - Tim Connolly

Jean-Pierre Dumont - Taylor Pyatt - Ales Kotalik

Milan Bartovic - Curtis Brown - Eric Boulton

very young team, lot of speed, overall skills and potential

1st D: Markov>Delmore

1st D: Rivet Goalies

Theodore>Biron

Wow!! Now that what I cal biased...

Koivu is superior to Drury, I will give you that. I actually consider Koivu to be very near the league's elite, while Drury is just a great player to have on your team.

I can also give you that Hossa ha smore potential than Afinoganov, although he might never have a better season. I will also give you that Markov is better than Delmore.

However, I would take Dumont over Audette any day. He's younger, better, bigger, and has more chances of scoring 30 goals than Audette anytime soon.

Ribeiro is not better than Briere, at least not at this point. Briere was fantastic 2 years ago, and still wasn't too bad last year, although he was a bit disappointing. Im expecting a big year out of him, while I'll be very happy if Ribeiro reaches 45-50 points. Briere is also much grittier. Ribeiro is a better playmaker, no doubt about it, but has everything to prove. He's not even a sure NHLer yet.

Zednik is not superior to Connolly. Connolly is about to explode, and get a great season, while Zednik might have peaked last season. I can't see him improving much on what he did last year.

And as for the goalies, I wouldn't say that Theodore will be a better goalie than Biron in the near future. I think this guy could be a hidden gem that a team like Colorado should strongly consider acquiring. Miller might also be a better prospect than Garon.

In my opinion, this year Buffalo is a much better team than Montreal. Heck, pretty much everyone has a better team than Montreal, including the Philly Phantoms... ;)