Madden not returning...

puck7x

Wow good timing , just got home (had a dentist appointment , took off the rest of the afternoon) and the habs made some news ... Madden will not be returning to the team next season.

http://www.rds.ca/cgi-bin/nouvelles?site=r...on&sport=#82289

So far since becoming GM (alright... not officially yet) Gainey has fired (or let-go) 3 people , 2 secretaries and now Madden.

[Edited on 2003/6/16 by puck7x]

Well.. that doesn't mean he won't stay in the organization.

That would be great to have Madden and Savard working on the junior scouting.

I read this afternoon an article from the hockey news (January 8, 1988). Quoting Madden, talking about whl rookie Joe Sakic : "There simply isn't a better player when the time comes to go all out in the opponent's territory. And if he does get that extra speed, he'll be the same kind of player that Steve Yzerman is for the Red Wings."

quite good prediction.. and sakic was still in juniors and underestimated because of his size

oops, but don't read the next line :) "But Madden is convinced Fogarty's pure talent, combined with a maturing attitude, will help him crack the NHL."

every one can make mistakes hehe

[Edité le 2003-6-16 par sakiqc]

Originally posted by sakiqc

Well.. that doesn't mean he won't stay in the organization.

That would be great to have Madden and Savard working on the junior scouting.

No , he really isnt returning...

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/article/1...03,339025.shtml

The habs offered him a scouting job but he refused it. His contract expires July 1st ...

Madden was more bitter at being kept out of the loop than the possible demotion it seems... that's how I see it anyway.

Gainey tried to find him another position.. Madden didn't seem open to anything that resembled a demotion.

Once Madden said he'd rather leave than be a simple scout, Gainey then invited him to participate in the draft on the 21st... Madden said no.

He's under contract until July 1st, and he gets to say no to working until then?.. I couldn't do that at my job :)

Then again do you want a bitter employee making important decisions? Madden gave his reports on all the players already, so it doesn't change much anyway.

There was talk Mondou was going to retire as well, and apparently Dorion will stay as scout despite not being all that chummy with AS either...

Timmins seems unaffected by the recent re-shuffle...

Now will Carbo & Jarvis be coming over or not, poor Julien is waiting for the other shoe to drop :)