Theodore downplays demand-reports

Howie_Morenz

This was just in on the Fourth Period.

they are usually slow on this stuff and I have not checked out the Montreal Gazette yet.

September 1, 2005

Theodore downplays demand-reports

TheFourthPeriod.com

Jose Theodore is downplaying a report in yesterday's Journal de Montreal that suggested he'd explore free agency next summer if the Habs didn't give him a long-term contract.

According to today's Montreal Gazette, Theodore isn't going anywhere.

Full Story:

http://thefourthperiod.com/news/mtl050901.html

If you had fully read (and remembered) the article in it's entirety you would know that the article found in the Gazette titled "Jose isn't going anywhere" then you would know that in the article it DID state that Theo would explore the Free Agency market next season if the Habs don't sign him to a long-term deal.

HOWEVER, - the article received it's title for a reason - Theodore has reported that he would like to sign a long-term deal and is looking for a no-trade clause.

All of these articles are missing one thing though, actual quotes from Theo himself. The Gazette article quotes Souray and Broduer, and while I am sure they know more than me its still just what they think not what Theo has said. If any of you have read anything with him actually quoted please post it as I'd like to have a look.

PS

I hope Theo signs long term along with Ryder and Luongo and whoever stays where they are.

Bulis_the_Habbie my new friend. Are you picking on me????:)

I have no clue what you are saying unless you are talking about the older article. If you check out the link I had posted, you would have noticed this is a newer article to counter the one I think you are talking about. Jose wanted to set the record straight. In my worst nightmare I feel you may be right in that if he does not get his money he will walk.

The new one is posted at:

http://www.canada.com/sports/hockey/canadi...a7-14bb1443e9c1

No harm done as you do have good taste in hockey teams!

:hlogo:

Hey I just noticed montrealgazette.com redirects to canada.com hmmmmm....

Originally posted by Howie_Morenz

Bulis_the_Habbie my new friend. Are you picking on me????:)

No

I have no clue what you are saying unless you are talking about the older article. If you check out the link I had posted, you would have noticed this is a newer article to counter the one I think you are talking about. Jose wanted to set the record straight. In my worst nightmare I feel you may be right in that if he does not get his money he will walk.

The new one is posted at:

http://www.canada.com/sports/hockey/canadi...a7-14bb1443e9c1

No harm done as you do have good taste in hockey teams!

:hlogo:

Hey I just noticed montrealgazette.com redirects to canada.com hmmmmm....

I'm talking about the article in the Gazette that you mentioned ("the Gazette reports that Theo 'isn't going anywhere'").

Ya the comments were from Souray but the way the aticle was written it seems they must have talked to Theodore or atleast followed his moves more closely than we have.

"Have great taste in hockey teams."

When did I tell you my favourite teams?