Crosby Vs Kovalchuk

BTH

I just read the title, didn't care to read the thread...

Is that a real question??

I mean...

Is someone really trying to compare a 6'2" 235lbs Rocket on skates, with awesome move, with blazing shot, damn, the only thing the guy needs is Jagr's mullet, back in 1992... He IS the best player... no question there.

so is someone really trying to comare that guy to a average sized, average skater player with a God-Like vision???

No you can't compare the two. Crosby could make you a pass on the tape from the other end of the rink, with 200 players on the ice, and he could do it blindfolded.

Ilya will skate around these 200 players and get to the other end of the rink to receive that pass and will shove it behind the goalie, top corner, without any angle to shoot from.

You're right but I guess you should have read the thread. It wasn't about comparing the 2. I also think Kovalchuk is the best in the league but the title is based on fights they had in an Atlanta-Pittsburgh game which led into a discussion on whether Crosby needs to be protected. After the beating Crosby got against Vancouver they acquired Eric Cairns which was what my last message was about.

The biggest surprise is that it took Pittsburgh this long to get someone to protect him. He's been getting mugged game after game. Yes, he hasn't dealt with it well by whining and taking unsportsmanlike conduct penalties, but you can't say he's had nothing to complain about.

I would have thought it would be better to get someone to patrol the wing with Crosby, but they got a defenceman instead. I have my doubts as to how much a difference he can make in making room for Crosby and keeping him 'safe' when it will be tricky enough to keep them on the same shift (especially with the number of minutes Crosby plays).

The one positive from this trade will be the added playing time Cairns will receive protecting Sid. There is a good chance if he gets a regular shift with the Kid that he will set career highs in Goals and Assists, seeing as he only does need 3 goals and 9 assists to do so.

It's more about his presence than him being on the ice eveytime Crosby is. Other teams will know that if you mess with Sid that Cairns will come a lookin, much like Dave Semenko and Marty McSorley did for Gretzky.

Edited by olematelot

I just read the title, didn't care to read the thread...

Is that a real question??

I mean...

Is someone really trying to compare a 6'2" 235lbs Rocket on skates, with awesome move, with blazing shot, damn, the only thing the guy needs is Jagr's mullet, back in 1992... He IS the best player... no question there.

so is someone really trying to comare that guy to a average sized, average skater player with a God-Like vision???

No you can't compare the two. Crosby could make you a pass on the tape from the other end of the rink, with 200 players on the ice, and he could do it blindfolded.

Ilya will skate around these 200 players and get to the other end of the rink to receive that pass and will shove it behind the goalie, top corner, without any angle to shoot from.

Here we go again, if you've ever paid attention to Crosby you would see he is anything but an average skater, he can go from 0 to full speed in about 2 strides. These are two different hockey players and lets not forget that Ovechkin is 2 years older and is in his third year of pro. Lets wait a couple of years and see how things look then. By the way I'm not taking anything from Ovechkin, he's a great talent. To say average and Crosbys name in the same sentence shows your lack of appreciation of talent .