Perreault for Gauthier

Zowpeb

Kinda surprised no one is discussing this rumour. Apparently it's been reported by a couple/few places.

I hope to god we get more for Perreault then a 6th d-man. I'll grant you that I like Gauthier but he's hardly an upgrade for us on D and he isn't worth as much as Perreault IMO...

I would hope that BG could get Calgary to add something to that.

If I'm not bad, I think Gauthier is a kind of Bouillon, except he has the size.. 6'2". Native of Montreal he could have the heart to play here and at 27 years old, he would be a nice replacement for Quintal when he'll retire. Until then, I guess Bouillon and Rivet will alternate as 7th dman, even if Bouillon is probably our #2 at this moment behind Souray.

Perreault: 2,8M$

Gauthier: 1,3M$

Bouillon: 0,5M$

Quintal: 1,5M$

Originally posted by Zowpeb

Kinda surprised no one is discussing this rumour. Apparently it's been reported by a couple/few places.

No one is talking about it probably because of a few reasons. First , Perreault is not a Sutter type player at all , and the Flames have loads of centres as it is. Second Bob Gainey has said that he wants to add 2 players to the team , one is a right shooting the centre , the other another forward , Gauthier is neither. 3rd , Calgary takes on contract (even if he is a UFA at the end of the year) on the deal , not something Calgary does much of.

And 3rd... This rumour is about 2 months old , its just making a comeback now... Actually I think might have started this myself , before I realized the reasons it wouldnt happen... :)