Rookie 'Dog nears the wall

habscout

... he's mentally tired.

http://www.hamiltonspectator.com/NASApp/cs...l=1112274690756

A good article about Ryan O'Byrne. Interesting comment on how both former college players Higgins & Komisarek faced the same mental tiredness problem in their rookie AHL seasons.

Edited by habscout

... he's mentally tired.

http://www.hamiltonspectator.com/NASApp/cs...l=1112274690756

A good article about Ryan O'Byrne. Interesting comment on how both former college players Higgins & Komisarek faced the same mental tiredness problem in their rookie AHL seasons.

I've been impressed with his play this year, he's made the jump look easy for the most part. I still think he needs to find more confidence in his shot, he has a cannon but rarely uses it so far. As for hitting a wall, it's to be expected, since he's already played more games this season then he played all of last year. Can't wait to see how he continues to progress/develop. Imo he's one of our better prospects and will see time in the NHL within the next 2-3 years if things continue the way they have.

Strange thing for Lever to say, since Higgins and Komisarek both got stronger as the season went on. Especially Higgins. Komo was called up at the end of his rookie pro season, Ron Hainsey would have been if he hadn't suffered a late season injury, and Higgins was really close also. They were 2 years younger at the time as well. Sounds like they are just looking for a convenient reason to bench O'Byrne.

Strange thing for Lever to say, since Higgins and Komisarek both got stronger as the season went on. Especially Higgins. Komo was called up at the end of his rookie pro season, Ron Hainsey would have been if he hadn't suffered a late season injury, and Higgins was really close also. They were 2 years younger at the time as well. Sounds like they are just looking for a convenient reason to bench O'Byrne.

Coach Lever didn't say it, it was O'Byrne who says that he knows Higgins and Komisarek hit a wall. So either O'Byrne talked to Higgins and Komisarek or someone in the organization that was there when those two were in Hamilton said it to O'Byrne.

I don't understand why they would need a convenient reason to bench O'Byrne. They are overloaded on defense with 8, but O'Byrne has been one of the better defensemen on the team, seeing a lot of minutes and in all situations. They have been benching Benoit/Groulx/Archer since they have 2 extra bodies.

i'm not one to be knowledgable on these things so this comment is worth the dots it took to make them but i've often wondered about the quality of don lever as the bulldogs coach... from the word 'go', i've not had a whole lot of confidence in him. but, again, keep in mind that this opinion has little to back it up... it's just an impression.

GO :hlogo: GO!