Halak, Kostitsyn to AHL All Stars

montreal

Congrats to Halak & Kostsitsyn!

Dan, you beat me to this post by about 15 minutes!

http://www.theahl.com/news/league/index.html?article_id=7350

Halak is a starter for PlanetUSA.

Both will play in their first AHL All Star game. The past 2 years we have had the MVP of the AHL All Stars with Pleks the year before and Danis last year.

2007 PlanetUSA AHL All-Star Team Starters

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaroslav Halak, Goaltender (Hamilton Bulldogs):

The American Hockey League’s leader in goals-against average (1.70), save percentage (.944) and shutouts (five), Jaroslav Halak is shining in his first full AHL season. The 21-year-old from Bratislava, Slovakia, earned the Rbk X-Pulse/AHL Goaltender of the Month award for November after posting a 0.82 GAA and .972 save percentage in eight outings. His eight career AHL shutouts make him the Bulldogs’ franchise leader in that category, doing so with only 33 appearances to his credit.

0.82 GAA, .972 Sv% in 8 games, unreal.

Sure, he should stop listening to Mr Melanson.. :wacko:

:clap:

0.82 GAA, .972 Sv% in 8 games, unreal.

Sure, he should stop listening to Mr Melanson.. :wacko:

:clap:

Jaro was doing pretty well, long before he ever met Melanson. His numbers in the Slovak Elite League were just as good as his numbers in the AHL, and he put them up at the age of 17 and 18. Not to mention his play at the U17, U18, and U20 tournaments. It isn't like he stepped off a boat and had Rollie the Second Rate Goalie hand him his first set of goaltending equipment.

Jaro was doing pretty well, long before he ever met Melanson. His numbers in the Slovak Elite League were just as good as his numbers in the AHL, and he put them up at the age of 17 and 18. Not to mention his play at the U17, U18, and U20 tournaments. It isn't like he stepped off a boat and had Rollie the Second Rate Goalie hand him his first set of goaltending equipment.

Halak played mostly in Juniors and the 1st league in Slovakia where his numbers were outstanding. He was 18 when he got called up to the Slovak Elite league where he did play 12 games and 1 playoff game(he turned 19 in May not much after the season ended) As far as I know HC Slovan Harvard Bratislava U-20 team is considered juniors where he spent a good chunk of his last season in Slovakia. He was a huge hit at the U-18's from what I scout told me. I thought he was really good at both U-20's. I used eurohockey.net for his slovak stats so they could be off.

http://www.theahl.com/news/league/index.html?article_id=7350

Halak is a starter for PlanetUSA.

Both will play in their first AHL All Star game. The past 2 years we have had the MVP of the AHL All Stars with Pleks the year before and Danis last year.

no surprise there for halak... a bit of a surprise but a pleasant one for kostitsyn... maybe an indicator that the guy's beginning to blossom... would be nice...one!

GO :hlogo: GO!