Were we really *that* bad?

Cataclaw

I agree with pretty much everything you said ch_nl, except I don't think Perreault or Ribeiro would have made that big a difference. Like I said before, I don't think they are the best, and we can't afford to settle for second best.

Edited by Doktor Kosmos

I'd love to see Gainey acquire is a player (I'd prefer a forward actually) who brings an uncompromising style, someone who doesn't know what the words "can't", "no" and "stop" mean. Someone who brings leadership to the team, and someone whose attitude spills over to the other players.

The first name that comes to my mind is Ryan Smyth... Would you guys take a chance at 6 millions per year / multiple years contract with this guy? It'd be pretty funny to seen him on Kovy's line..

-----

Yes, IMO we were *that* bad.

- We played much of the season with one or even 2 defensemen playing foward. Streit even played on the scoring lines...

- Our new toy Sammy had his worst season ever, and was a healthy scratch for the last month of the season

- Kovalev, earning 4,5 M, scored a ridiculous 18 goals, one of his worst seasons ever.

- Aebisher, who was supposed to be a 1b goalkeeper, was awful when we most needed him

- We had to have more players on the ice that the opponent to be able to score goals

- We were so lazy we took a monstrous amout of stupid penalties

- And the list could go on...

-----

Shanahan refused a multi years deal at 5,5 M/year offered by montreal and accepted the one year 4 M offer from the Rangers... No wonder why we overpay for underachievers like Kovalev and Samsonov...

It'll be an interesting summer nonetheless