radek Bonk

habs_dynasty

You may not have noticed that Ribiero, Begin, Hossa and Hainsey are also listed as restricted free-agents despite the fact thay they have signed contracts. The list just hasn't been updated. Bonk has been qualified for this year. I'm sure they're trying to work out something more long-term, but he's definitely ours for this year.

and to stay on topic i think they gave bonk a qualifying offer, up to him to take it but he's expressed interest in staying in the team, maybe their working out some bonus or minor details

Originally posted by Tony

and to stay on topic i think they gave bonk a qualifying offer, up to him to take it but he's expressed interest in staying in the team, maybe their working out some bonus or minor details

Yes we gave him one, if we didnt qualify him he would be a UFA.

I'm sure Gainey will work something out with Bonk pretty soon, we got Ribeiro/Begin/Hossa/Hainsey/Sundstrom under contract quickly.

Only a few left... Ryder, Souray, Huet, Bonk, Zednik

[Edited on 2004-7-30 by puck7x]

Originally posted by Fanpuck33

Zednik will be getting his contract through arbitration, won't he?

From what I remember reading even though Zednik filed for arbitration, He and his agent are still negotiating with Gainey. They said a potential deal might be reached before even having to go seek an arbitrator.