PENS NO LONGER INTERESTED IN KOVALEV?

habs_dynasty

PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW: reports agent Scott Greenspun, who represents former Penguins forward Alex Kovalev, said he hasn't had any talks with Pens GM Craig Patrick since the first week of free agency a month ago. He said those talks were of an exploratory nature.(( from spectors)).

does this means Kovalev will return to Montreal ??? i hope so may be for even less than he was offered.. :-^:-^:/):/):ghg::ghg::ghg:

The two western teams I thought of were LA & SJ. In LA he would be replacing Palffy, as they had already offered Ziggy a $6.5 mill contract, but he turned it down. & in SJ they may be looking to add some experienced skill to play with Pat Marleau. Plus never rule out Colorado, Pepé Lacrioux alrways seem to pull a deal out that no one ever suspects!!!

Well, let's see who might be the western conference team interested in Kovalev.

(Teams are placed in order of Western Conference standings of last season)

Detroit - They knew Brett was leaving, maybe Alexei is the back up plan all along.

St-Jose - I doubt it, but you never know.

Vancouver - 2 words, Dan Cloutier

Colorado - You never know. Lacroix is sneaky. But if he signs Kovalev it sure as hell sounds like Kariya and Selanne, part deuce, except with Kovalev.

Dallas - Maybe Brett Hull's replacement if their plan failed, which obviously did.

Calgary - I doubt this is Suttler's type of player, either way they have a hard time signing their own players (Iggy and Kipper) and they should be more of a priority than Kovalev.

St-Louis - Maybe, this team is known to throw money out the window (Weight Tkachuk Pronger...).

Nashville - Errr, I thought Kovalev wanted to sign in a hockey lovin' town. Either way, could be interesting if he does. Kovalev and Sullivan, deadly sniping wingers.

Edmonton - Edmonton is looking for a center, not a winger. Unless if Kovalev is involved in a trade but that would be pointless.

Minnesota - Would be interesting if he signs. They are a hockey loving town with a good coach and good youngsters.

Los Angeles - LA? I don't know but I doubt it. You never know. My guess is LA if Kovalev wants to be a hockey player/actor/dad.

Anaheim - Anyone remember Sergei Fedorov? If he wants to get the hell out of Anaheim I don't see why Kovalev would go there.

Phoenix - After signing Brett, I think the Coyotes are out of the question.

Colombus - Bleh, can't say much about this team. I doubt their on the hunt for Alex. Isn't Kovalev looking for a playoff contender anyway?

Chicago - See Colombus.