Nedved back to Edmonton soon?

Tony_

http://thefourthperiod.com/edm60.html

Petr Nedved and his agent J.P. Barry are set on obtaining a three-year deal from the Oilers, however, as the Edmonton Sun reports, the challenge now is coming to terms on the dollars.  

Barry and the Oilers will attempt to make those numbers add up over the next 72 hours, as proposals and counter-proposals on a three-year deal will be exchanged.  

With salary arbitration over, Barry now has his schedule freed up to meet Oilers GM Kevin Lowe, who returned to Edmonton from his summer home in B.C. yesterday.  

While a deal won't necessarily be reached by Thursday, speculation is Lowe has offered $6 million for the first two years.  

Meanwhile, there have been no negotiations with agent Art Breeze about a contract for captain Jason Smith, but that's not a sign of indifference by either party claims the paper.  

With arbitration hearings done, the Oilers and Breeze should open talks on a multi-year contract.

I hope he signs with Edmonton. For the 15 games he played there he sure as hell made a great impact with the team. I hope they can come to an agreement on the financial terms (I hope Lowe doesn't overpay him also...)