WJHC: USA vs BELARUS - Tonight

puck7x

Pretty good game going on right now. Belarus is playing alot better then expected and jumped out to a 2-0 lead, Kostitsyn has been dominating and has 2 assists.

USA has since scored, 2-1 game now.

[Edited on 2004-12-30 by puck7x]

4-1 Belarus now... The American goalies are both playing horribly, like beached whales.

Kostitsyn is having a field day... if he hadnt been breaking so many American skaters ankles with his shots he'd probably have a few goals to go with his 2 assists.

I'm so happy, Andrei is playing very good, he just scored and he has 2 assists, he is always husling for the puck and is really impressing me. He's playing so much better now than how he's been playing in Hamilton. Yes, i know its two different league but he is still playing amazing. I alos like hes brother. I like that sergay, his brother never stops trying. Great day for the kostitsyns.

Originally posted by giupietrantonio

I'm so happy, Andrei is playing very good, he just scored and he has 2 assists, he is always husling for the puck and is really impressing me. He's playing so much better now than how he's been playing in Hamilton. Yes, i know its two different league but he is still playing amazing. I alos like hes brother. I like that sergay, his brother never stops trying. Great day for the kostitsyns.

No need for a new thread, I merged your post with the USA/BELARUS gamethread.

And I agree, Andrei looks completely different from his play with Hamilton. But keep in mind he's now playing against players his age, instead of AHL vets. Andrei will soon dominate the AHL, then the NHL (I hope)

Oh yeah, its Sergei not Sergay. lol... funny typo

Stupid ESPN. I came on here to say that the US will be ready for period 2 and regain the lead, as they were the better team for most of the first, just a couple of lapses. Then I find out the game isn't even live and that now the only reason I have to watch is to see Kostitsyn light it up.

Originally posted by puck7x
Originally posted by giupietrantonio

No need for a new thread, I merged your post with the USA/BELARUS gamethread.

And I agree, Andrei looks completely different from his play with Hamilton. But keep in mind he's now playing against players his age, instead of AHL vets. Andrei will soon dominate the AHL, then the NHL (I hope)

Oh yeah, its Sergei not Sergay. lol... funny typo

Sorry, lol, its just that i don't post quotes that often so i dont know how to do it.lol

unbelievable game. Belarus really played with confidence. They had nothing to lose at all vs the Home US team. And combined with the uninspired US play, it was even easier.

Great for Kostitsyn, great Gainey let him go. It's probably a great thing in his development.

I am sure the Swedish posters remember SLC in 2002 when this happened:

tommysalo.jpg

Well Belarus has done it again. Beating the defending champion Americans 5-3. The score totally flattered the Americans who were outclassed.

That goal from centre Montoya let in was laughable. Looks like the Rangers gots themselves another superstar goalie.

habs prospect Andrei Kastsityn had 3 points and was the player of the game for Belarus.

At least it was Kostitsyn doing a lot of the damage. Gotta hand it to the Belarussians, they came out strong and their goalie was excellent, except for the goal where is misjudged where he was.

At least the US didn't give up, they played really well in the third period. Also, except for the first goal he gave up, Montoya looked pretty good. I wonder if things would have played out any different if Bourque had not gotten hurt.