League giving in?

Habsfan21

Rogers is saying the league may ease up on the cap talk....

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/article.jsp...126_122859_2272

One can hope, I guess.....

PS Report also says there would be a 30 game season, with teams only playing games against each other in-confrence. Sooooo....If the season is started, at least I get to see my team here.

The owners maybe backing down from their earlier proposals, and giving-in a bit, but the owners would definitely win the CBA war if this deal is accepted. They are getting much more of what they want compared to what the players want and are actually getting.

Anyone think the players will accept this? Guess we'll have to wait and see... and speculate :D

Looks like it is not going to happen... :(

They appear to be easing up on the amount but not on the principle of the CAP. It will require some give and take by both side to get this done and give us hockey back...

I still think we do need a CAP of some sort to have *most* canadian teams stay alive... ie: edmonton... and even maybe get teams back in Winnipeg (Penguins anyone?) and even (GASP) Quebec City...

Can they change enough??

BTW, would like to put a thanks out to the man for the sigs and avatars... KUDO's on the good job and great stuff.

[Edited on 2005/1/28 by Cadian]

I still think we do need a CAP of some sort to have *most* canadian teams stay alive... ie: edmonton... and even maybe get teams back in Winnipeg (Penguins anyone?) and even (GASP) Quebec City...  
I post freaquently on a Penguins Board, and no one there thinks the Pens are moving to Winnipeg.

Not specifically the Pengiuns but maybe 1 of the struggling teams in a non-hockey enviroment like Caroina, Panthers, Anaheim, Atlanta, San Jose, PHX...

I am not knocking the teams or their fans but rather the premise of location. The teams are there because of money, not fans. if the calculation of money is overriding the fans( like us) we will heav teams in these places that play, do not fill the seats and struggle $$money$$ wise.

If we have financial stability, places that have the fans can have the teams...

Or so I hope...

:?-