GAME not ON! (Season not un-cancelled)

puck7x

Originally posted by puck7x

Press Conference at 6pm est, thats the rumour...

Its really happening. One of the most bizarre things I've ever seen, season is cancelled, then uncancelled... But I am definitely not complaining :D

GO HABS GO!

Puck, where'd you hear this? I need some links or I'm going to lose my mind if I don't hear something soon about this meeting.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Tony

Puck, where'd you hear this? I need some links or I'm going to lose my mind if I don't hear something soon about this meeting.

Fan590 radio. They found out the hotel where the press conference is being held, and then found out the time. The 6pm rumour has been on a few other less reliable sources as well, but I think we can trust Fan590 radio.... TSN/CBC/etc should pick up on the press conference time pretty soon and release articles.

NO WAY they've schedule a PC if it wasnt for a uncancellation announcment. Its on baby! Its on.

Well I dunno. I mean they know their are alot of rumours out their that they've agreed on a new CBA. The press conference could be just to denounce those rumours and that no agreement can be reached.

Originally posted by Leafs Suck
NO WAY they've schedule a PC if it wasnt for a uncancellation announcment. Its on baby! Its on.

Well I dunno. I mean they know their are alot of rumours out their that they've agreed on a new CBA. The press conference could be just to denounce those rumours and that no agreement can be reached.

Wow your being very pessimistic when you have zero reason to be so.

The NHL and the players are the ones who started the rumours, where do you think the leaks came from? lol.

Bettman and the NHL are not going to get the fans hopes up for the millionith time only to crush the hopes once again... That would be horrible PR, even by the NHL's standards.

[Edited on 2005-2-19 by puck7x]

Fan590 radio. They found out the hotel where the press conference is being held, and then found out the time. The 6pm rumour has been on a few other less reliable sources as well, but I think we can trust Fan590 radio.... TSN/CBC/etc should pick up on the press conference time pretty soon and release articles.

These meetings are too damn long. I'm starting to get the impression the last thing they talk about is a new CBA.

Might sound stupid what I'm going to say but if there's a season they would have to figure out something for the draft. The last thing we need is teams to purposely lose a complete 30 game season to get their hands on Crosby.

A lottery would be a good idea in my opinion.

Might sound stupid what I'm going to say but if there's a season they would have to figure out something for the draft. The last thing we need is teams to purposely lose a complete 30 game season to get their hands on Crosby.

A lottery would be a good idea in my opinion.

Yeah, from a Habs POV I love the idea of a lottery. But the habs have 10X more lottery-balls then all other teams. Damn... I really want Crosby. Its going to hurt me to see him play for any NHL team other then the habs. If I had to choose though, I'd want him to goto the Blackhawks (and then I'd want the hawks owner to drop dead)

I just hope Washington doesn't draft him. They obviously played like crap on purpose last year and shouldn't deserve to get Crosby.

I honestly wouldn't mind Pittsburgh drafting him. Mario playing with Crosby and Recchi on the same line would be wickedly insane. I don't blame the Pens if they played bad last season, Mario was injured and they don't have a super team.

edit: and money for that matter. I hope the Pens find an investor.

[Edited on 2005/2/19 by Tony]

okay.... Now TSN and Sportsnet are reporting that meetings are over, but thats all they are reporting. Very strange... no word on anything, nothing negative or postive...

BUT... The fact remains that a press conference has been scheduled, and why would Bettman schedule one if he wasnt going to announce the uncancellation of the season?

stay tuned.

Okay, TSN confirmed that the 6pm press conference was scheduled, but now its not going to happen...

I'm starting to get angry again... still confident about the season, just impatient and angry about being screwed around by these guys.

The Caps are horrible and I think they'd be the odds on favs to get Crosby. Most of the non-playoff teams from last year improved somewhat during the off-season. The Habs have NO one. I doubt Ovechkin will come over for a short season, Semin is unproven and Zubrus well, is Dainius Zubrus. Their D is very weak, and I wouldn't be suprised if Kolzig demends to be traded. I don't think any team comes close to being as weak as Washington.

Damnit no progress in the meeting.

I think thats an inaccurate headline by sportsnet. Where are they getting that information from? The headline does not match the article contents...

Nobody else is saying "no progress"

Ah crap, now TSN is saying the same... what the hell?

Okay, TSN confirmed that the 6pm press conference was scheduled, but now its not going to happen...

I find it odd that the meeting ends and nothing is said. My thinking is, if they had a deal we would have heard about it ASAP. I doubt they'd make everyone wait several more hours just for a press conference. You know it would be leaked by someone.

Well I'm in a bad mood. Damn the NHL and the NHLPA, damn them. I should sue them because of the "mental anguish" I've suffered, maybe I could get as much as Yashin did on his last contract?

Looks like we'll have to wait another day or two.

Bill Daly Says - Season will remain cancelled

Glen Healy says - No chance of season, talks broke down

Sorry for getting up anyones hopes. I cant beleive the 2 sides are so damn stubborn and could do this to the fans. jerks... I cant beleive they fooled me :guru:

:-^ The NHL and the NHLPA

Well, it's not our fault, not fans' fault. If the NHL wants us back, they are better going to offer us fans something interesting, better hockey, better promotions. They are better to make the effort to bring us back. They fooled us. If they think we'll forget that. We are the one giving millions to those bunch of people. They should not take fans support for granted.

I hope the NHL teams will give more place to fans, and maybe why not, to project like ours and others. What are they thinking

Sad sad