Cédrick Desjardins

KoZed

Nice article by Mathias Brunet this morning: http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hockey/20...es-prejuges.php

8-4-1-4, 1.45 GAA and a 94.4 save %. Came close to beat a 1957 Johnny Bower record for most consecutive minutes without allowing a goal. Bulldogs coach Guy Boucher knows Desjardins from his time in Rimouski and talks about how the kid isnt a natural but making up for it by being a poised athlete who never gives up on the 2nd and 3rd shot. Very insightful analysis of the difference between junior and pros and what Desjardins had to do to adapt.

Has anybody seen this kid play? Is it reasonable to see him as Price's future backup?

I see Cedrick play all the time. He is a fan-favourite among many Bulldogs season ticket holders and in my personal opinion, I can see him as Price's backup very easily. He is tearing up the AHL right now, currently ranked 2nd among league goalies.

He deserves a shot at the NHL, but he has a more experienced goalie playing ahead of him by the name of Curtis Sanford, who I believe would get the call before Desjardins will.

I see Cedrick play all the time. He is a fan-favourite among many Bulldogs season ticket holders and in my personal opinion, I can see him as Price's backup very easily. He is tearing up the AHL right now, currently ranked 2nd among league goalies.

He deserves a shot at the NHL, but he has a more experienced goalie playing ahead of him by the name of Curtis Sanford, who I believe would get the call before Desjardins will.

I could definitely see a situation where Halak is traded, Sanford is promoted to backup and the team lets Desjardins take the reigns in Hamilton heading into the AHL playoffs. If he succeeds like he has at other levels in the playoffs (has QMJHL, Memorial Cup, and ECHL championships), they look to him as Carey's backup come next fall.