Kenny Jonsson done with the NHL

Leafs Suck

Tommy Salo and Andreas Dackell are two who had decided right from the start they are going to stay in Sweden. For a long time it was debated whether Peter Forsberg would return to the NHL, but according to the last statements I've heard from him, he wants to come back to Denver.

I think there will be a decievingly long list of players who don't come back... The list will be decieving because it will include alot of guys like Dackell who probably wouldn't have played in the league anyway.

Even a guy like Naslund, one of the best in the NHL wouldn't suprise me because he's been talking about doing it for so long.

I will say however losing a good-player like Johnson hurts! Does anyone have any info. on potential Habs jumping ship (besides Dackell)? I'd be really interested to know... I've heard that it may be tough to get Marcel Hossa back over here right away (esp. if he's not garunteed a spot on the big club).

Originally posted by HaliHab

I'd be really interested to know...  I've heard that it may be tough to get Marcel Hossa back over here right away (esp. if he's not garunteed a spot on the big club).  

Hm if he isn't guaranteed a spot on the big club ... yes, then we won't see him for sure. :D

No seriously ... if he thinks he deserves a spot at the team, he's wrong. I really like what I saw from him this year (especially his games with Team Slovakia) but so far he hasn't shown anything in the NHL. He has the same chances as for e.g. a Higgins, a Perezhogin or a Plekanec to probably get a NHL spot. Training camp will tell if he makes it or not (perhaps we'll also see him at this years World Championships, I think his father will put him into the line-up, as he has already done several times this year).

He scored 18 goals and 6 assists in 48 games in the Swedish Elite League this season.

Who cares if a few, or even quite a few older europeans decide to stay home for good.

No big loss, the younger players who are the future of the league will all be coming back.

No more Salo, Dackell, and Jonsson... how will the league survive? *sigh*

I've said for some time now that I'd focus on drafting more NAs, because I've always hated the threat of losing an asset just because he wants to move back home.

I remember Zednik using that threat during negotiations, and I can see Markov giving us the same trouble... Hossa perhaps if he's unhappy.

Why oh why can't Rivet & Breezer be European and missing home!!?

Life ain't fair.

Originally posted by Doktor Kosmos

He scored 18 goals and 6 assists in 48 games in the Swedish Elite League this season.  

I didn't see him playing in the Swedish League so I can't say anything about it. But he really was good when he played for the national team.