Draft on August 6th (?)

sakiqc

http://www.habsworld.net/out.php?2401

According to that same article, the draft could be held on August 6th if the lockout ends soon.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=129769

Meanwhile, Crosby has been offered a 10M+ contract with Lugano. Sounds possible. He'd earn lot more than he could get here with the Rookies salary cap. THen he could enter the NHL as an UFA (?).

The NHL should not let this happen! He defenetly has to play in North America. For league's sake.. and for fans

Originally posted by sakiqc

Meanwhile, Crosby has been offered a 10M+ contract with Lugano. Sounds possible. He'd earn lot more than he could get here with the Rookies salary cap. THen he could enter the NHL as an UFA (?).

The NHL should not let this happen! He defenetly has to play in North America. For league's sake.. and for fans

Yeah, Sakiqc, if that is true, I would hate it too, but don't you think we have to expect that sort of thing with the new CBA?

NHL teams will still have higher payrolls than Euro sides, but the gap will not be as large as before and with the new NHL restrictions, some rich Euro teams should be able to scoop up some of the world's elite players. It makes sense -- ask yourself why should Stockholm fans have to live with the fact that the best Scandinavians have been playing in front of fans in, say, Arizona or Florida.

So we better get used to it, and losing some of our better players may be the price we pay for hockey's resumption, and it is only fair, in a global hockey sense. wouldn't you say?

About the draft, wow, after nothing for so long, suddenly everything is moving so fast -- Aug 6, less than a month away

(By the way, this Aug 6 will mark the 60th anniversary of the atomic bombing of Hiroshima, and Montreal and Hiroshima are sister cities. What sort of weird cosmic energy might that bring the Habs on draft day?)

Well, if players do end up staying over seas, (or going), then the hockey situation may be at a more level playing field globally. Thus, who says we can't see an NHL or 2 take on a Swedish, Finish, or Russian team once and awhile just for fun?

That ought to bring in some money.

IMO, this is the most logic way of picking the draft order. Base it on the teams average season wins over the last 3 seasons. Incase of a tie in the average, whoever had the lower amount of wins in 04 gets the higher pick.

I did the averages, and here is what I came up with.

1. Florida

2. Columbus

3. Pittsburgh

4. Atlanta

5. Carolina

6. Chicago

7. Phoenix

8. Nashville

9. NYR

10. Washington

11. Anaheim

12. Minny

13. Buffalo

14. LA

15. Calgary

16. Montreal

17. Tampa Bay

18. Edmonton

19. Islanders

20. San Jose

21. Boston

22. St. Louis

23. Dallas

24. Colorado

25. Philly

26. New Jersey

27. Vancouver

28. Toronto

29. Ottawa

30. Detroit

Sure it's not 100%, but the worst teams, IMO, get a pick in the top 10. Nashville you could argue shouldn't be ahead of Washington (I am one of them) but thats the way it goes.

Their really isn't another way of doing it. You cannot have a lottery, that is just silly. I mean like I said before, what if Detroit wins? You're telling me if they had played the 2005 season the Wings would have finished dead last? Hardly.