CLOSED! (Richards rumor)

Arcnail

Yes they are rumours from questionable rumour sites but I find these things fun to think about so anywho..

http://www.hockeytraderumors.com/ started this..

"It was just on CBC Radio One 640 AM here in Bonavista Newfoundland that apperently home town star Michael Ryder along with fellow Montreal Canadiens' prospect Ron Hainsey and a 2006 3rd round draft pick has been traded to the Tampa Bay Lightning in exchange for Tampa Bay Centerman Brad Richards. They noted that the trade will be formally announced on Monday August 29th when Bob Gainey will speak with the media."

and now http://hockeyrumors.blogspot.com/ it talking about it as well..

"I have removed the Richards trade rumor from the blog after much speculation to its validity. I was very slow to post this at all yesterday even thought many, many folks emailed me with the rumor throughout the day..I did not believe the rumor at all at first. It wasn't until I got home from Atlantic City last night that I talked to two sources who verified there was something to it. They verified the fact that Tampa and Montreal had had discussions regarding Richards...However did not know the names. I am now going to spend a lot of time today seeing if the names are similar to the rumor that is out there."

Personally I think that this would somewhat make sense to do (not saying that it's happening however).

Ryder still is not signed and his market value it high. Hainsey so I read isn't panning out like the Habs thought.. and a 3rd round pick is what it is.

The Lightning are not going to be able to keep Richards, Lecav, and St Louis. They might as well trade him sooner rather then later to start integrating the new guys.

The only question I have is why would we get another center? I guess you worry about that later if you have a chance at Richards.

Hard to say if I would pull the trigger on this.. hate to see Ryder come back and score 50 goals in a couple years but..

They are the same age.. and looking at the playoff numbers.. I say giver..

Richards

GP G A Pts +/-

23 12 14 26 +5

Ryder

GP G A Pts +/-

11 1 2 3 -5

Please don't complain that those sites are bs and it's pointless to talk about it... have some fun ;)

[Edited on 8-28-05 by Fanpuck33]

First of all, don't post crap from hockeytraderumors.com, that site is crap.

Secondly, discussion of Ecklund trade rumors goes in the "Ecklund Rumors" thread in the NHL forum.

I will close the thread for a while so you see this message, then later I will merge this post into the existing thread.