No Negotiations During the Off Season

goalieguy

(Translated from RDS.ca)

Wednesday August 31, 2005 - (RDS) - time passes and the Canadian still did not find an area of agreement with his best player. Theodore supports that it will be with the camp of drive even if it does not have a long-term agreement with the team. It wishes however to sign a new contract soon since there is no question of negotiating during the season.

From here the next days, Theodore will have to decide if it accepts a long-term offer with the Canadian where if it decides to take a one year old contract which is on the table, that is to say its qualificative offer which is 4,560 million dollars. If it chooses the last option, not question of negotiating a long-term agreement with the Canadian during the season.

"During the summer, we have two months to negotiate. During the season, I prefer to concentrate on hockey and not to have distraction. To miss the camp of drive did not even pass me by the head. In the position that I am, I do not believe that that would be advantageous. I am in a hurry to play and one year the qualificative offer is not a bad thing because it enables me to be an autonomous player the next year. I never planned to present to me at the camp without contract ", specified Théo.

The guard will be thus with the camp of drive which begins on September 13. There will be however a question which will be on all the lips if it does not get along in the long run with the Canadian. In is it at its last season with the team?

"I do not like to speak about the things which did not arrive yet. If I am with the Canadian for one year, at the end of the season I will study the offers. As I already said, I like the city and I want to continue my career in Montreal longest possible."

Théo, which is one of the four best guards of the LNH, is in the search of a four year old contract which would bring back 22,5 million dollars to him. But as regards the requests of the clause of not-exchange which it would have required, here its answer.

"We never spoke about clause of exchange or not-exchange. It is the kind of rumour which makes that I wonder where people find their source. Me and my agent let us try not to be concerned with all that."

If the Canadian does not get along with Theodore for a long-term contract during next days, that could be very expensive the tricolour one. It is obvious that the next season, many formations will offer a contract much more important to him. Perhaps around seven million dollars per season for at least four or five years. Will the Canadian react? One will thus see during next days.

186871.jpg

[Edited on 2005/9/2 by goalieguy]

I love this translation! It is so creative in its restating of the names and facts.

It makes me know that I've chosen the wrong profession as a second language teacher and wasted over half of my life when I could have been doing this instead. Is there no justice? :puke:

I have always been somewhat rebellious in my use of the language but this article makes me green with jealousy. :puke: I'm a total idiot :monkey: in the face of this momentous expression of the language. :bow::bow:

DAMN YOU, TRANSLATOR, DAMN YOU TO HECK!!! :wall::wall::wall:

[Edited on 2005/9/3 by shortcat1]

I am fluently bilingual but i think "did not even pass me by the head" is quite possibly the greatest turn of phrase i have read in decades!!!

Awesome. Pure comedy at its finest!

Not posting this reply did not even pass me by the head!