Drought down on the Farm

Giddy for Bobby G.

What's up all! I'm new to this hockey forum, at least as far as posting goes. Lately I gotta admit though it's hard not to scour all corners of the web for habs news with the season oh so close.

It's been covered a bit already, but Shortcat1's post about Kostsy and our "top 50" prospects has me thinking. Not that it matters who and where our prospects are on that list, but wouldn't it be better to see Higgins and Kostsy shoot way up after a full season together with Plekanek on Hamilton's top line, and Hainsey there to QB the powerplay.

It's starting to worry me that right now Les Habitant are leaving room for Dags, Hossa, Plekanek, Hainsey, Komisarek, Danis and possibly Higgins on the big club. Who's gonna stock the farm and help Kostsy put up these moster numbers we're all expecting of him this year?

If you ask me we'd be better off leaving Pleks down for another year and letting Higgins and Hainsey completely come into their own, giving them quality ice time when they're ready, rather than clearing out fourth line/7th Dman spots for them on the big club this year.

Too early to tell with camp battles yet to take place, but Hamilton's roster is looking thinner and thinner with every signing.

Cheers all

I feel that if Pleks isn't given a legit shot on the big club this year and ends up back on the farm, that his progress will be greatly hindered. If not that, at least his motivation. He's been on the outside looking in for awhie now.

I look forward to seeing how he does at camp. He, of course, does still have to earn his spot.

Pleks hasn't anything more to learn or prove in the AHL. We will see him either in MTL or picked up off waivers by another team. the kids got game and I look forward to seeing more of him.

As for the Hammer don't forget that there are a lot of prospects who either played in the ECHL or have graduated from the CHL who need to play. It serves no purpose to keep players down there who have already played 2 seasons and look ready.

:ghg: