The Ten Commandments according to Bob Gainey.

shortcat1

According to LA PRESSE, these are Bob Gainey's ten commandments. I've translated (more or less accurately) from French.

1. THOU SHALT TURN TO THE FUTURE.

“There are some who want our sport to stay in the style of the 70's. That's too bad but we must move on. People want change, they demand it. We are in 2005. Let's move on.”

2. THOU SHALT MOVE YOUR FEE AND YOUR BUTT AND THOU SHALT ADAPT.

“I feel like telling them to stop dragging their feet and get with it. It's up to the players and coaches to adapt to the new reality of hockey.”

3. THOU SHALT ADOPT THE NEW RULES.

“It'll open up the game. Ever since the beginning of the preseason games, I can't remember ever seeing so many break-aways. Before this, you'd have to wait almost a whole season in order to see one.”

4. THOU SHALT HAVE RHYTHM.

“The very fact of not making an icing call due to a missed pass pleases me greatly. It helps to keep the rhythm flowing.”

5. THOU SHALT APPRECIATE MOVEMENT.

“The abolition of the red line constitues an other good change. The puck goes from the defensive zone to the offensive zone in only a few seconds. I appreciate the movement of the puck while watching a game.”

6. THOU SHALT TAKE FROM ONE TO GIVE TO THE OTHER.

“Defensemen will have a much harder job. We take away from the defensemen to give to the forwards. That which is good for Kovalev isn't necessarily good for Komisarek.

7. THOU SHALT BEHOLD REAL TALENT.

“I also believe that José Théodore will be a better goaltender compared to those who's equipment was much too big. José is a better athlete than them and it'll show. There will be a huge disparity between the good goalies and the others.”

8. THOU SHALT PLAY PHYSICALLY AND INTELLIGENTLY.

“The defenseman who knows how to use his body in a in a ‘good' way will have the advantage over the one who holds sticks, sweaters or cross-checks.”

9. THOU SHALT REMAIN BIG AND STRONG.

“The size of players will remain important because they'll be able to use their size and strength to limit the movement of their adversaries and, so far as I know, a physical game is still permitted.”

10. THOU SHALT KEEP GUILLAUME.

“If we return Latendresse to his junior club, we risk losing him, while not indefinitely, certainly for one year.”

These are taken from comments made by Gainey over the last little while.

Whatcha think?

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

[Edited on 2005/10/1 by shortcat1]

Love it..Gainey is the man

He will bring what is rightfully ours back to us

The Cup.

We have spent so much time with incompetence I almost forgot what its like to have faith in a GM..

even if my unskilled mind doesn't at first understand whats going on.

In Gainey we trust

:hlogo::hlogo::hlogo: