Penguins First Pick Overall = Bust?

BTH

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie
Originally posted by kaos

The writing was on the wall when they signed Thibault.

Besides the kid is only 20 years old.  It boggles my mind when kids don't succeed at 18, 19, 20 years old, and people start calling them busts.  I just don't understand that?

Didn't they sign Thibault for 3 years? And then they rate Caron ahead of him. And then there's Andy Chiodo who's a good goaltender. I'm sure he'll get his chance though. We'll see what he does with it.

Anyway, I think Price is a better goalie than Fleury and DiPietro. Probably also better than Lehtonen, Ward, Toivunen, Noronen, et al.

Fleury might be a good goalie but I doubt he'll ever pan out to be a #1 overall draft choice. Who else was in that draft? The Pens would probably love to have that one back.

wait, what? Fleury? maybe. DiPietro? haha, no. not yet anyway. No to Lehtonen as well. Ward is meh and I'll give you Toivonen and Noronen. I know he's a habs and all but he's barely gotten into his junior season after hes been drafted. A kid can look wonderful and then totally bomb. I still say the stickhandling gaffe is what is holding Fleury back. To say a freshly drafted rookie is better then a current NHL starter though is silly. And sorry for the late response, I don't usually wander in here.

38, BTH, 38... can you smell the perfume of the hall of fame nearing your nostrils? Shan't be long, can't be long, won't be long, don't be long.... :D:D:D

1975 - graduated from second child born (a daughter) while doing a teacher's college final exam - graduated teacher's college - got first teaching job in Timmins, Ontario

[Edited on 2005/10/21 by shortcat1]

38! WHat a great number! It symbolises a great player.

Anyway that number is gone. I'm a little closer to Saint Patrick, now.