Of Begin, Higgins and Pkekanec

Capt.Crunch

Is it just me or every habs rookie should have a clause stating that they should, on their 1st year with the pro:

"Aim to match the intensity of Steve Begin".

With Dags playing on the 2nd tonight (not confirmed but highly plausible IMO), we might find our amazing 4th trio back: Begin-Plekanec-Higgins. :clap:

Actually, I find them more to be "Line 2b" than "line 4".

I just love what the two youngsters bring to the game. I have rarely seen a habs line put more pressure on the puck! I just love the short passes, the work along the boards, the puck possession...

I dont know if they were as intense in Hamilton (by all account they seemed to be), but I cannot find a more appropriate model than Begin to start their carreer.

Such work ethics, with better hands and better passing skills, is bound to have good results in the long run!

:/)

Begin is awesome, he's shows great leadership on the ice, alwayz giving it all and jumping in front of pucks. He really puts his body on the line. Hopefully he doesn't get too destroyed before the playoffs, hehe.

I really think that the lockout proved to be good for the Habs... as last season might have been quite disappointing had some of these guys come in right away. The extra year really gave these guys some time to mature and improve their entire game. Thus, we now have some very good 2-way players in Higgins and Pleks.

Perezhogin looks to pot at least a few more goals this season as well :D. He's got to be the biggest rookie on the team IMO though.

I suppose we'll see how Yann Danis does under the pressure tonight against the Thrashers as well. Seem's like they've got some serious offense.

The future is bright folks :)

Originally posted by Macaskill

Begin is awesome, he's shows great leadership on the ice, alwayz giving it all and jumping in front of pucks. He really puts his body on the line. Hopefully he doesn't get too destroyed before the playoffs, hehe.

I really think that the lockout proved to be good for the Habs... as last season might have been quite disappointing had some of these guys come in right away. The extra year really gave these guys some time to mature and improve their entire game. Thus, we now have some very good 2-way players in Higgins and Pleks.

Perezhogin looks to pot at least a few more goals this season as well :D. He's got to be the biggest rookie on the team IMO though.

I suppose we'll see how Yann Danis does under the pressure tonight against the Thrashers as well. Seem's like they've got some serious offense.

The future is bright folks :)

The thing about Bégin is that he was a STEAL that Gainey got off of waivers from Buffalo in 2003. From what I read, Buffalo pooped brick when that happened. They NEVER expected that to happen.

What a gift for us!!!!

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo: