Juneau

redondo

Not sure if this is the right forum to post this in, but I've been thinking about Joe Juneau lately. Easily one of the smartest players on the team in the last decade (hockey and otherwise), used his knowledge of the game and it's rhythm to compensate for declining physical skills.

I think this guy could be a great addition to our staff at some point in the same way that Carbonneau was few years back. I'm not comparing the two as players, but I do think lot of the same qualities that translated into Guy being an asset behind the bench could apply to Juneau, provided he'd even be interested in getting back into hockey.

He might someday be a good Asisstant Coach (Special Teams) or GM. But he's an engineer now so he doesn't need a job. That's right, he's one of the few NHL players who went to University and got a degree before joining the NHL.

All I know is he has an engineering degree and I'm pretty sure he became an engineer after hockey. He probably would be a good guy to have in your management though. But would he choose Montreal? He played for many teams.

Yeah, I remember reading about him having I think aeronautical engineering degree and flying his own planes. At the same time many hockey guys (and in other sports for that matter) couldn't seem to stay away from the game, and it's not always a matter of not knowing what to do with your career next.

Good luck to Joe either way, if he does decide to get into coaching at some point, hope Gainey gives him a shot.

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

Here's a useless fact:

Kovalev is a trained pilot.

and we really appreciate your depositing of that momentous trivia in our bank of information. ;);)

2000 (double hall of fame???) - turned five-oh (and not even in Hawaii) - looking forward to a "2001: A Space Odyssey" commemorative thing to take place the next year - other than that, still free-floating in between the stars

[Edited on 2005/10/22 by shortcat1]