Simon Gagne - NHL's First 100 Goal Scorer?

TheMaxDaddy

Gagne scored a hat tonight. He is now on pace to pocket 103 goals this year. These new rules are sure benefiting the fast/skilled players. Image if Gretz was still playing.

Anyway, I hate the Flyers :mad: and I'm hoping that pointing out he's on pace to smash the great one's record will Jinx him. Jinx. Jinx. Jinx.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

But let's think positive: I believe he's a UFA next summer and the Flyer have little cap room. Maybe he'd like to play in his home province.

Originally posted by TheMaxDaddy

Gagne scored a hat tonight. He is now on pace to pocket 103 goals this year. These new rules are sure benefiting the fast/skilled players. Image if Gretz was still playing.

This is exactly the kind of game that was played when Gretzky and his flying Oilers teammates were playing back in the early 80's. The skating was fast & furious. It may have been a rougher game than it is now but, so far as speed and talent-focused, that's where it was at.

It's good to see that kind of game back again. Yes there are games when the play seems to be dead but, on the whole, the clutch/grab/interfere stuff has been cut way down. And that's a good thing. :D

Gagné is a good scorer but it'll be really weird if Gagné breaks Gretzky's record because Gagné isn't one of the best in the league. I mean we're all expecting the one scorer who stands out and hits 120 points every season to do it. Has Gagné ever scored 35 goals? That's the first step. 100 isn't the next.

Gagne is one of the top 20 forwards in the NHL but Simon Gagné the first 100 goal scorer? Heh, heh. Anybody expecting Eric Staal to get 164 pts at the end of the season? HiHi

Originally posted by mathieug

Gagne is one of the top 20 forwards in the NHL but Simon Gagné the first 100 goal scorer? Heh, heh. Anybody expecting Eric Staal to get 164 pts at the end of the season? HiHi

He might be up there in scoring but he is not a top 20 forward in the league.