Payroll???

Zowpeb

Anyone have an idea as to where our payroll is going to end up this year?

I was thinking that if we can move Perreault, Juneau, Brisebois and Dackell and only take back about 2/3's of that salary in the deals we might be sitting pretty come the trade deadline. If those deals help us solidify our defense I think we could be in a good position. Thanks to our depth on the farm and some quality 2nd to 3rd line type vets we can have some good flexibility if we have payroll room.

At that point we could attempt to make an trade deadline offer for a top line player if we are competing. Make the team take Audette back to make the salary easier to swallow and we end up with a good top line finally. I can easily see a Bulis-Ribs-Ward line working for the second line. If the player we pick up is an expiring contract it's even better...then we have a very low payroll and our young guys are a year more experienced. It would allow us to be more active next offseason or at the next draft...

This post probably doesn't work as a reply, but the line

Bulis-Ribeiro-Ward

Could probably work.

However, I'm also taking into effect the other article with the Hossas.

I think you can summarize it enough to say "Marcel Hossa sucks because he is not playing centre".

We have a big discussion on whether Ribeiro/Perreault should be traded. I'd prefer Perreault go, but this isn't about that. Maybe we should trade both, and aquire a young LW to go with Hossa and ward. Say Ramzi Abid on Pittsburgh:

Abid-Hossa-Ward

I'm actually more high on Ribs than Hossa, but if all he needs is to play Centre, go for it!

Also, a Ribeiro-for-Abid would be a steal, as, with enough good coaching (which he would recieve Montreal), he could turn out to be a net-crashing PF.

Oh well, what it means to dream....

:eyes: