Diving.....

Redlight60

has anyone noticed the amount of diving has increased, and it actually is working, instead of getting called. case and point O'Neil on saturday night? I actually like O'Neil as a player but he just fell over. Something has to be done about this, ive seen ryder do a similar thing, and wasnt impressed, something must be done. It especially obvious infront of the net. Tap someone on the back and they go down.

on a side note about saturdays game, did anyone see Steens elbow? i bet most missed it cause it was in the back of the play as we were turning up ice. I forget who he did it too, im thinking it was against komisarek. no call

I have noticed the diving increasing as well. To be honest, I'm not sure if O'Neill dove or simply fell, but the standard of refereeing that game was such that if somebody in blue and white fell, somebody in red and white had to go to the box (or have a goal disallowed, as the case may be). It was obvious that the refs were guessing at what happened when they didn't see it, and the result was the most poorly reffed game I've seen in a long time.

But, back to your point... the diving is a problem. They have the ability to call it, but seldom do. It's definitely a drawback of the new NHL, and will only get worse until the refs are taken to task for allowing it.

Diving is up and hitting is down. I'm not a huge fan of the new NHL. I think the elimination of the red line has sped the game up too much. Players can no longer go after many open ice hits, because you're now screwed if you lose a guy in the neutral zone.

I like that refs are calling penalties, but I agree that this has led to a lot of diving. The refs need to start keeping an eye out for it.

everybody, including the refs (burn in hell fraser)..need time to adjust to this new NHL. I do think however that if a coach reviews game tape and a player is found to have obviously deved it should not be just a fine but a suspension...Nobody in the nhl cares that much about a 1000$ fine.. miss a game and hurt your team though..

People might think twice.