Montreal Vs. Phoenix Noticing The Small Things

nam

Did anyone notice last night that the team played a gritty hard working game, this only really started to stand out when I saw Ribeiro (yes I said RIBEIRO) actually throw a check in the corner. If he could start to play like this when Saku returns we should have nothing to worry about as his offence has picked up the last few games as well. The other think I noticed was Tomas Plekanec, this guy was doing it all. He was making moves which turned into scoring chances. On two goals specifically he used a couple nice moves and backhands to set up and score goals. The future looks bright as he is also a sound defensive player. The only bad thing I noticed from the game was the lack of playing time for certain players. I could see the call-ups not getting as much tim (even though they scored) but where was Higgins? I haven't really seen him in a few games, he Plakanec and Perzehogin should be getting regular shifts.

I agree on Plekanec - he was excellent last night. Some have suggested he's a poor man's Koivu... which may be an accurate assessment now, but it might not be too long before we drop the 'poor man' description. We'll just call him Koivu then, which will be confusing, but that's OK.

Ribeiro still has some work to do if he wants to impress me (and I'm sure that's high on his priority list!). I didn't find him to be very effective... I must have missed that hit he threw! (I'll have to review game tapes of his career to date to see if that was his first one)

I noted before that more rookies in the lineup seems to light a fire under the vets, also Murray and Begin both means more grit -- Murray came to Zed's defence after a hard hit, and that was good. So, we saw a combination of finesse and grit; and a combination of rookies and vets -- and it worked. Maybe that is what could take this team far this season.

Originally posted by Mont Royale

I agree on Plekanec - he was excellent last night. Some have suggested he's a poor man's Koivu... which may be an accurate assessment now, but it might not be too long before we drop the 'poor man' description. We'll just call him Koivu then, which will be confusing, but that's OK.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That may have been the funniest thing I've seen posted here.

Ever.

But I'm also tired.

Ribeiro still has some work to do if he wants to impress me (and I'm sure that's high on his priority list!). I didn't find him to be very effective... I must have missed that hit he threw! (I'll have to review game tapes of his career to date to see if that was his first one)

Check on the Habs site under sympatico highlights.

Didn't you see him in the world juniors that year? He tried to hit someone in the open ice, and dislocated his shoulder...... :lol: