habs not loving OT

JMMR

Surprise, surprise the Habs have needed extra time to solve their games more than any other NHL team. Knowing that you think they would maybe know how to win in the extra session but surprisingly they are 5 and 6 in their 11 games that could not be solved after 60 minutes. Pittsburgh and Edmonton have been to the extra session 10 times going 3-7 and 6-4 respectfully. The Rangers have utilized extra time 9 times and have amassed a record of 5 and 4.

In nine of those eleven games Montreal has at one time held the lead prior to the extra session and as you can clearly attain from the stats they have been unable to increase and hold these leads until the end of the game. This is a major problem with the Canadiens and that problem is killer instinct, which is the ability to continue to score and put the game out of reach. For the Habs to have success for the remainder of the year this stat must change, many of these games should not have escaped the 60 minutes of regulation.

**Note all overtime stats for wins and losses include the shootout**

Originally posted by JMMR

Surprise, surprise the Habs have needed extra time to solve their games more than any other NHL team. Knowing that you think they would maybe know how to win in the extra session but surprisingly they are 5 and 6 in their 11 games that could not be solved after 60 minutes. Pittsburgh and Edmonton have been to the extra session 10 times going 3-7 and 6-4 respectfully. The Rangers have utilized extra time 9 times and have amassed a record of 5 and 4.

In nine of those eleven games Montreal has at one time held the lead prior to the extra session and as you can clearly attain from the stats they have been unable to increase and hold these leads until the end of the game. This is a major problem with the Canadiens and that problem is killer instinct, which is the ability to continue to score and put the game out of reach. For the Habs to have success for the remainder of the year this stat must change, many of these games should not have escaped the 60 minutes of regulation.

**Note all overtime stats for wins and losses include the shootout**

I don't remember the last time I saw this 'killer instinct' on my team, aside from the late 70's team.

It may have been there in a greater or lesser degree over the last decade but, again, I don't remember.

Don't take my memory (or lack thereof) as a true indicator but there you go. :eyes: