Road Warriors To Road Whipping Posts

JMMR

At the beginning of this year it seemed as though the Canadiens could not be happier sleeping in hotel rooms and flying the red eye. Boy oh Boy how the tides have turned. When the puck dropped on the 2005-2006 season the Habs picked up 13 of a possible 14 first road points since then they have picked up 5 of 22 a possible points. This is disgusting and if things don’t change this team will end up in the basement of the league because things don’t get any easier and the road will be where the Canadiens find themselves for the majority of their schedule prior to the Olympic break. Nine of the Canadiens last 14 games have been on the road and coming up 9 of their next 13 are in opposing teams barns. Habs fans be wary this season could continue to fall down the mountain they climbed and topped in October and early November.

At the beginning of this year it seemed as though the Canadiens could not be happier sleeping in hotel rooms and flying the red eye. Boy oh Boy how the tides have turned. When the puck dropped on the 2005-2006 season the Habs picked up 13 of a possible 14 first road points since then they have picked up 5 of 22 a possible points. This is disgusting and if things don’t change this team will end up in the basement of the league because things don’t get any easier and the road will be where the Canadiens find themselves for the majority of their schedule prior to the Olympic break. Nine of the Canadiens last 14 games have been on the road and coming up 9 of their next 13 are in opposing teams barns. Habs fans be wary this season could continue to fall down the mountain they climbed and topped in October and early November.

I wonder how they'll pronounce Phil Kessel in French. It may be like something like 'Pheelleep Kesselle' Doesn't sound all that bad, really. :wacko::blink::P

"I wonder how they'll pronounce Phil Kessel in French. It may be like something like 'Pheelleep Kesselle' Doesn't sound all that bad, really." -shortcat1

Are we going to play like the Pittsburh Penguins in 1983-84? Losing on purpose to get the #1 pick. Yikes, if that's what is happening I will take a sabbatical year and see you guys back here october 2006. I can't, I can't, I can't stand losing..

I'm not saying that the Canadiens are to play like those Penguins. I'm simply making light of the concerns expressed earlier. I'm not really worried about the Canadiens being basement dwellers. We have too much talent for that. The very real possibility is that we will not make the post-season. It is very, very possible.

In any case, worse case scenario means possibly a best case scenario for us anyway though there's no guarantee of that - there is a lottery for the 1st five places at the draft.

I'm not saying that the Canadiens are to play like those Penguins. I'm simply making light of the concerns expressed earlier. I'm not really worried about the Canadiens being basement dwellers. We have too much talent for that. The very real possibility is that we will not make the post-season. It is very, very possible.

I was just kidding around. You think I could go 9 months without my beloved team? :ghg:

QUOTE(shortcat1 @ Dec 31 2005, 04:31 PM)

I was just kidding around. You think I could go 9 months without my beloved team?

You went longer than that last year with the lockout.