Spider-Man NL

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'll watch the WJC game.

I'll fill you in as it goes along.

Right now, it's twosies. Canada started with a 2 - 0 lead but the US have tied it in the 2nd period.

40 seconds left in the 2nd.

I don't understand the Canadian coach. Latendresse has hardly played at all. Benoit Pouliot has played a lot but has done nothing offensively - which is supposed to be his role. He's taken bad penalties but still, he goes on.

Latendresse started the 3rd game, played a few shifts then was pulled in favour of Pouliot.

There's something not right going on there. I can't imaging Latendresse underplaying, especially in a situation like this. One of his strenghts was that he brought a total effort to each game.

I.............. don't................. un........................... der...................stand............................... :?- :?- :?- :?- :?-

Well, I'll watch the WJC game.

I'll fill you in as it goes along.

Right now, it's twosies. Canada started with a 2 - 0 lead but the US have tied it in the 2nd period.

40 seconds left in the 2nd.

I don't understand the Canadian coach. Latendresse has hardly played at all. Benoit Pouliot has played a lot but has done nothing offensively - which is supposed to be his role. He's taken bad penalties but still, he goes on.

Latendresse started the 3rd game, played a few shifts then was pulled in favour of Pouliot.

There's something not right going on there. I can't imaging Latendresse underplaying, especially in a situation like this. One of his strenghts was that he brought a total effort to each game.

I.............. don't................. un........................... der...................stand............................... :?- :?- :?- :?- :?-

From the bits I saw in the Swiss game, Latendresse was the king of giveaways... Maybe that's it?

From the bits I saw in the Swiss game, Latendresse was the king of giveaways... Maybe that's it?

could be... to me that still doesn't explain Sutter's preference for Pouliot... :?-

WJC - 3rd period has started - fast and furious skating

Of our 9 shots that period, 6 were from defensemen... Everyone but Komi, who still hasn't logged a second of icetime...

WJC - 9 minutes to go in the 3rd - still twosies :mellow:

Edited by shortcat1

Streit is playing and Komi is sitting. :blink:

We simply don't have good enough puck control or possession skills to outdo the Carolina forecheck. What we need to help this is a mobile defenceman like Markov who can make great passes and can join the rush and a Kovy-like forward who can skate into the opposing blueline rather than dumping it in. Our PP has good puck movement but we're horrible at setting up and getting started. If a slow forward doesn't try deking his way into the blueline than Souray will dump it in. Pretty much every other team has guys who can skate in and drop the puck back for a defenceman. And just like that - the Umbrella is set up.

@mathieu30:

I believe the RDS commentator said Bulis deflected the puck into our net. I wasn't realy paying attention on the replay though. Either way it was a bad goal.

WJC - 4 minutes to go - still twosies

Canada is playing fast and HARD!

Edited by shortcat1

WJC - one minute to go - still twosies - US goalie pulled - they need a win... Canada needs a tie to finish first :huh::huh::huh:

hi all how you doing, Happy New Year! (yup, it's already 11:00 am Jan 1 here, I can tell you it is going to be a good year!)

So sounds like Habs suck again -- wait, now we scored! Yeah!

Anyway they are kicking me out of my hotel room here in Osaka, I got to leave soon I guess, go get on the bullet train back to Tokyo. Champagne head...

It would be nice if we won tonight, otherwise, fire Julien!

Hehehe

WJC - one minute to go - still twosies - US goalie pulled - they need a win... Canada needs a tie to finish first :huh::huh::huh:

Oh thanks Shortcat so what was the result there? Can you update me please...

WJC - Kyle Chipchura scores on the empty net. Canada wins 1st place. :):D:):D:D:D

Edited by shortcat1

WJC - Kyle Chipchura scores on the empty net. Canada wins 1st place. :):D:):D:D:D

What a gutsy move by the Americans! I was shocked when I saw they pulled Schneider but was still very happy since I was quite sure we'd score. Very generous of Downie to pass it to Captain Kyle for the empty netter. Canada has now officially won and get a bye to the semis!

2-1 now. Sick!