mathieu30

S. Burke

J. Grahame

G. Coleman

J. Boutin

M. Cey

K. Ramo

F. Norrena

Now that's a surprise to me. Tampa did nothing. They'll stick to the Grahame/Sean Burke tandem. I don't get this one. $$$ Time to take over that #7 spot.

Now that's a surprise to me. Tampa did nothing. They'll stick to the Grahame/Sean Burke tandem. I don't get this one. $$$ Time to take over that #7 spot.

Well, I'm sure they tried, but they didn't have much to give in return, and they didn't have much cap room either to take on salary. After the Roloson trade, they probably had discussions regarding Giguere and Denis, but these teams probably didn't want to take on, for example, St-Louis' exagerated salary. And again, with no cap room, they cannot get an established goaltender simply for draft picks.

Also, I'm sure none of the Eastern teams were willing to give them something that could come back to haunt them; the Sabres could very well face Tampa Bay in the first round, and I'm sure they didn't want to face Biron.

Maybe if Tampa Bay had not been stupid enough to pay Lecavalier for is potential instead of his actual on-ice performences, and if they had not been stupid enough to pay St-Louis according to his one and only all-star season (following one decent season, and several years of being a minor leaguer), they wouldn't be in such a mess. They're lucky the salaray cap will rise to 42-45 millions because otherwise they would have lost Brad Richards.

Edited by CerebusClone

Well, I'm sure they tried, but they didn't have much to give in return, and they didn't have much cap room either to take on salary. After the Roloson trade, they probably discussions regarding Giguere and Denis, but these teams probably didn't want to take on, for example, St-Louis' exagerated salary. And again, with no cap room, they cannot get an established goaltender simply for draft picks.

Also, I'm sure none of the Eastern teams were willing to give them something that could come back to haunt them; the Sabres could very well face Tampa Bay in the first round, and I'm sure they didn't want to face Biron.

Maybe is Tampa Bay had not been stupid enough to pay Lecavalier for is potential instead of his actual on-ice performences, and if they had not been stupid enough to pay St-Louis according to his one and only all-star season (following one decent season, and several years of being a minor leaguer), they wouldn't be in such a mess. They're lucky the salaray cap will rise to 42-45 millions because otherwise they would have lost Brad Richards.

Exactly what I was thinking. Not sure they'll hold on to a possible #8-spot.

St-Louis has been the biggest disappointment on their club.

They probably should have tried doing something, but with Joseph going off the market, and Biron needing a king's ransom...there probably werent too many options available to Feaster.

St-Louis has been the biggest disappointment on their club.

Honestly, I'm not sure which one of St-Louis and Lecavalier is the bigger disappointment. Considering his potential, and the fact that he is paid elite, franchise player money, I would lean towards Vinny. He's supposed to be right up there with Joe Thornton, but he's hardly providing Koivu-like production.

He's not a bad player, but so far, I have to call him a bust.