Prospect stuff

montreal

Some minor news on some of the prospects.

Joni Puurula is back from injury. He was injured on his first save in the first game he played this year.

Jarslav Halak hasn't played any games after putting up some very impressive numbers in the Slovak junior league. I am waiting to hear back from someone over there to see if he's been called up or injured.

Ryan O'byrne is the only Habs prospect yet to play a game, his season starts next week. I know for a fact that I will get to see 2 of his games, but hopefully I can see more.

Korneev has been playing every game, but no pts yet and is playing on the 4th pairing. (AK Bars uses 4 pairings) so I assume he's not getting a lot of ice time. I'll watch one of his games from a few weeks ago to see how he looks.

Lambert is close to having half of all of last seasons point totals (60 pts) in less then a quarter of the time. He should easily break last years totals.

Bonneau after a slow start is fighting every game now, and winning most of them.

I have heard that Duncan Milroy and Andrew Archer are both injured. I have contacted the Bulldogs to see if they would tell me.

Matt Shasby is one of the top scorers on his team in the ECHL so far with 3 pts in 3 games.

Michaud was runner up for ECHL saver of the week. He won't be up for that award this week though, as he was shelled tonight giving up 5 goals.

Plekanec is leading the prospects in Hamilton in scoring with 5 pts.

Josef Balej is 2nd with 4 pts.

Beauchemin is leading the team in shots, but is 2nd in worst +/- with a -3 (Traverse is the worst -4)

Andre Deveaux's team is off to their best start in team history and their highest rating so far at 4th or so in the BMO top 10.