World Juniors team Canada shaft

Habs77

Locke, player of the year last year... isn't even invited?

Urquhart & Lambert weren't even invited either despite being 2nd & 3rd in scoring in the Q.

What the hell?

The the coach this year is from Quebec, so it should have been a favorable year for the Q in that respect... the Habs brass must not be pleased.

Anybody have a list which Habs prospects WILL be going to the WJHC?

Obviously not with Canada.

Urquhart & Lambert weren't even invited either despite being 2nd & 3rd in scoring in the Q.  

What the hell??!!! That's so lame!

I was sure Locke would have been there! I know he's small, but come on! Size isn't more important than skill IMO.

That's sad for Urquhart and Lambert as well.. They have a great year and it would have been a great experience.

Anyways, I guess there were better players than those 3.. cannot be a move to exclude Habs prospects from the team. Dunno if Gainey could promote his players to the Team Canada GMs/Coach. :eyes:

Originally posted by Habs77

What the hell?

The the coach this year is from Quebec, so it should have been a favorable year for the Q in that respect... the Habs brass must not be pleased.

Anybody have a list which Habs prospects WILL be going to the WJHC?

Obviously not with Canada.

We are sending 4 guys plus maybe Kastsitsyn.

Team Slovakia- Jaroslav Halak

Team Russia- Konstantin Korneev

Team Finland- Oskari Korpikari

Team Czech- Tomas Linhart

Team Belarus- Andrei Kastsitsyn ??

Halak I'm told will be the starter which is great to hear cause he can play next year as well. Was named the top goalie at the U-18's in april.

Korneev is making his 3rd trip to the WJC's

Korpikari will play in front of his home team

Linhart it's just good to hear some positive news from him.

Kastsitsyn's team is in Group 1A, or 1B, but either way they are regulated to the lower level. This means they don't play in Finland, but instead they play in France and it starts next saturday. They play Estonia. But I heard that Kastsitsyn may not play for his country, and just stay playing in Russia. The teams he would play against are very poor. Italy, France, Estonia, Japan,

Thanks dan... but what are your thoughts on Locke, Urquhart and Lambert not being even INVITED to the Canada juniors camp?

Are all those who were selected over them really better or did they get the shaft?... So often often politics are involved, although I though we were safe this year since the coach is from Q.

Originally posted by Habs77

Thanks dan... but what are your thoughts on Locke, Urquhart and Lambert not being even INVITED to the Canada juniors camp?

Are all those who were selected over them really better or did they get the shaft?... So often often politics are involved, although I though we were safe this year since the coach is from Q.

Locke gets the shaft. He's racked up the points in the OHL, yet isn't even invited to the selection camp? Adam Henrich is though?

Lambert has the size, skating and shot plus he's played for Team Canada before where he played well. Was 2nd in the Q in scoring, and a Q coach doesn't even give him a look? BS to me.

Urquhart was one of the better scorers in the Q last year, and was 3rd this year, yet doesn't get a shot?

It's common to see guys from the Q get the shaft, but when the 2nd, 3rd and 4th guys in scoring aren't invited you got to wonder. :puke: