Is it just me or....

Partisan

and for god sake why is he sometimes on the powerplay is just behond my comprehension....

_____

I've thought about it and come up with just three things:

a) he is one of our few right shots - this makes him ideal to shoot one-timers on the LW

b) Carbo might feel bad about giving a guy in his retiring year so little icetime

c) his career pace has been about 20 goals a season, Carbo might think he can still score

I think it is mostly because of his right shot but it is probably a combination of these things and other factors (maybe Carbo just likes the guy).

I've thought about it and come up with just three things:

a) he is one of our few right shots - this makes him ideal to shoot one-timers on the LW

b) Carbo might feel bad about giving a guy in his retiring year so little icetime

c) his career pace has been about 20 goals a season, Carbo might think he can still score

I think it is mostly because of his right shot but it is probably a combination of these things and other factors (maybe Carbo just likes the guy).

I think it has pretty much been his faceoff ability and his right-handed shot.

Does anyone know what his faceoff percentage is for this season? Where can we find that stat online?

I hope he's at least near 50% in faceoffs, because that's the only facet of his game that should keep him with the team ahead of Chipchura. Chips is far superior in every other way. I don't consider Smokes disgraceful, he's just useless. He brings very little to the team.

I think it has pretty much been his faceoff ability and his right-handed shot.

Does anyone know what his faceoff percentage is for this season? Where can we find that stat online?

I hope he's at least near 50% in faceoffs, because that's the only facet of his game that should keep him with the team ahead of Chipchura. Chips is far superior in every other way. I don't consider Smokes disgraceful, he's just useless. He brings very little to the team.

He's actually exactly at 50%

Koivu - 52.1%

Smoke - 50%

Laps - 49.1%

Pleks - 49%

Chips - 43.8%

Grabs - 34.4%

He's actually exactly at 50%

Koivu - 52.1%

Smoke - 50%

Laps - 49.1%

Pleks - 49%

Chips - 43.8%

Grabs - 34.4%

So where did you find those numbers? What about Bégin? He hasn't played much C this year, but he's probably taken as many faceoffs as Grabs.

They really need to take him out of the lineup before he injures Price, I would have been so pissed when Carey was slow to get up after that play.