Czerkawski & Dykhuis bought out?

Habs77

Posted on another board... "Norm Marshall called in on Sportrage on The Team990. He being a former employee of The Team, a CHUM company, I would believe it to be true. They wouldn't put him on if it weren't."

Hope this is true, he apparently said both were to be bought out.

I guess even if it's already been worked out, it's prudent to wait 'til after the draft to make it official... just in case you get really lucky and find some way to dump them to another team during the all the dealing talk that goes on on draft day.

I'm a little surprised about Dykhuis, don't get me wrong he's awful, but since he has 2 years left at 1.6/1.7M and a standard buyout is 2/3 so that means over 2M to buy him out.

I would have thought it would be cheaper to pick up 500k per year of his salary and trade him for a low pick, so it'd cost us 1M instead of 2M. I gotta believe at least one team would take a chance on him rediscovering his 2001 form for 1M per.

Or maybe Dykhuis accepted less than 2/3rds... even by taking less than half he'd make up the difference by making 900k/1M per with his new team... what the hell do I know.

This'd be good news.

Traverse is in Hamilton, Dykhuis is gone.

Czerkawski, well, I was hoping he'd go to Europe and leave us with his contract. But hey, he needs to go anyway, why not now.

Anyway, nothing's happened yet. But I believe in Habs77.

And I believe in MM.

But where is MM?

Martin Madden? I miss him too

Excellent news , it makes this day even better.....

This eliminates 2 of our problems right off the bat , now trade Brisebois already! Deal Juneau/Dackell and figure out which one of Perreault/Ribeiro we are keeping...

Go :hlogo: Go!