Trades this morning

GoHabs2002

The Panthers have finally done the expected and traded their pick for a pick and a prospect to the Penguins.

The Canes acquired Danny Markov, (which I would have like the habs to have, plus i think he is a RD) for a pretty good young player in David Tanabe (so maybe it was better that the team didnt).

Perhaps the Pens and Caps may have deal this afternoon invovling their two superstars.

Finalyy, the Rangers may be willing to part with Carter.

The Rangers are said to be shopping winger Pavel Bure and centre Eric Lindros, and Sather told reporters Friday that the team might also part with some restricted free agents, including former Oilers winger Anson Carter, who played 16 games with the Capitals in 1997.

all at tsn.ca

Pretty good deal for the Panthers , they never wanted Fleury anyways and now they'll be able to pick the player they want with the #3 (most likely) and they also get a prospect (wonder who....)

Also a good deal for the Coyotes... They acquire 2 d-men with loads of upside while trading the injury prone Markov...

Edit : Prospect (not really a prospect) is Mikeal Samuelsson

[Edited on 2003/6/21 by puck7x]

Anyone notice that Mike Danton has gone?

http://espn.go.com/nhl/draft2003/s/2003/06...21/1571238.html

To STL.

Hmm... No wonder they traded Tyson Nash...

I wouldn't want them both on the same team. 2x as bad as Domi-Tucker. And Danton would learn the wrong tricks of the trade