UFA SEASON (Selänne to Anaheim)

puck7x

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

(for shotcat1:) Stumpel has a $3.5M contract....

I really think Cujo is overrated. The leafs harped on about him but it was the meda that made him out to be better than he actually was. In his prime, he still wouldn't guarantee a spot in today's top 10 goalies in the league.

Interesting to see how far Joseph has fallen is just two years.

During his last contract, he was in hot demand, several high profile teams were after him offering him top dollar.

Now, only two non-playoff teams were after him offering him less than a mil.

Originally posted by Leafs Suck
Originally posted by Tony

Leafs sign Aubin if anyone hasn't noticed.

I wonder what the Leafs' GM is cooking up.

Nothing, he's a fool.

By the looks, Telly will have to spend another season in the AHL. Oddly enough I wanted to see him get the backup / starting position when Belfour's back goes out position.

Originally posted by shortcat1

He was involved in that horrible trade by Montreal which sent LeClair and Desjardins to Philadelphia in return for Zubrus and Recchi (boy, was Montreal ever burned on that one! :puke: :nono: :puke: ). He just couldn't get going for Montreal. Poor motivation...? :?-

No... he wasnt a part of the Leclair - Recchi deal.

We got Zubrus FOR sending Recchi to Flyers in 98 (I think)

Originally posted by Dalhabs
Originally posted by shortcat1

He was involved in that horrible trade by Montreal which sent LeClair and Desjardins to Philadelphia in return for Zubrus and Recchi (boy, was Montreal ever burned on that one! :puke: :nono: :puke: ). He just couldn't get going for Montreal. Poor motivation...? :?-

No... he wasnt a part of the Leclair - Recchi deal.

We got Zubrus FOR sending Recchi to Flyers in 98 (I think)

Wasn't it Desjardins, Leclair/Recchi and then Recchi/Zubrus.

So pretty much we traded Desjardins, LeClair and Recchi for Zubrus.:wall:

Yes, you're right.

That makes the trades even worse...aaaaach :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Well... Sending Leclair didnt mean much.. as I heard he didnt play THAT well for us. So that means Recchi, Leclair and Desjardins for Zednik. ATM. I like that trade but when it happened those guys had like 5-10 years left. Id stick with Zednik over those guys today.

No it was Recchi, LeClair and Desjardins (all in their prime) and don't forget Linden for Zednik, Bulis and Perezhogin.

We made the trade look much better by Savard's amazing trade with Washington.:clap:

But Philly still ripped us bad:wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

I know that, in the grand scheme of things, this isn't important but I just saw on the NHL network (while watching a replay of the 1993 Stanley Cup win over the Kings) a couple of transactions that have a Canadiens flavour to them.

The first one is that the Columbus Blue Jackets have signed MARK FLOOD to a three-year contract. He was a depth defensive prospect for the Canadiens (kind of far down). He refused to sign a contract with the Canadiens recently.

The other one is ERIC CHOUINARD was resigned by Philadelphia to a one-year contract. I expect that he will play primarily for the Phantoms. Chouinard was a first pick by the Canadiens who never was able to get it off the ground. It happens.

By the way, Stéphane Quintal retired today. 16 years in the league. Not bad.

:ghg:

[Edited on 2005/8/22 by shortcat1]

Nope. He was drafted before Mike Ribeiro in 1998. Hossa was drafted two years later, in 2000, after Ron Hainsey.

By the way, Andrei Markov was drafted in the same year as Chouinard, as was Michael Ryder.

Jozef Balej was drafted after Marcel Hossa.

No but remember the Habs COULD have drafted Marian Hossa but they chose another player. Maybe it was Jason Ward. They lost out big time on that one. That's why they were so anxious to take Marcel. So they don't mess up again.

• 3 weeks later...