FLAME WARS: beckham vs. ap79 and others

beckham

Wow...I don't even have enough time to tear this apart. If this is what you think then you should probably keep it to yourself.

Someone made the point that Melanson and Allaire are great goaltending coachs and offered as proof that there were so many good young F.C. netmnders around. But really, F.C. goalies have been severely overrated for the past 5 years at least. Probably longer. Next it will be the turn of Finnish goaltenders. The fact is that the best goalies seem to come out of Western Canada. Some guy over at H.F. did an extensive anyalyisis, and it was pretty overwhelming.

You're just sore because I challenged your mock draft and was right on all the point I made, Blackhawk fan. I was right and you were wrong there, and I will be right about the other issues as well. Your the same idiots who were sayign that Kostitsyn would be a 40 goal scorer in the NHL by this time.

P.S. The other posters who don't have a good command of the English language don't make fools of themselves by posturing with big words and elaborate phrases that don't make sense. Take a lesson.

Originally posted by beckham

You're just sore because I challenged your mock draft and was right on all the point I made, Blackhawk fan. I was right and you were wrong there, and I will be right about the other issues as well. Your the same idiots who were sayign that Kostitsyn would be a 40 goal scorer in the NHL by this time.

I'm sore? Hee hee hee. I got more right picks in my Mock Draft than any other major hockey site.

You were right? Right about what? Anaheim not picking Johnson and the Habs not picking Kopitar? WOW! Color me impressed, Nostradamus. You were right about 2 things not happening!

Talk about your bold, risky, insightful prediction right there! Quick, get this man a cookie!

Too bad you stopped there. You could have done a full list of all first rounders that teams WOULDNT pick. That would have rocked!

:eyes:

Seriously, this attempt at saving face is pathetic, even for you. Just think before you make off-the-wall statements. That way you won't look like a fool trying to defend the undefendable afterwards.

Originally posted by ap79

What is with all the Chicago Blackhawks avatars on a Montreal Canadiens message board?

Weren't you one of the jerks suggesting that since I live in Vancouver I should become a Canuck or Leaf fan?

The team doesn't belong to that shallow little gene pool stuck in rural Quebec, but I can imagine the outrage if I put another teams logos up with MY messages....:eyes:

What is with all the Chicago Blackhawks avatars on a Montreal Canadiens message board?

HWL: HabsWorld League.

Weren't you one of the jerks suggesting that since I live in Vancouver I should become a Canuck or Leaf fan?

Nope. I dont care where you're from and what team you "should" root for or not. However we could do without you anytime. No credit to the Habs you are.

You have proven countless times that you have nothing of any value to bring to the conversation. You can't even say that you bring "an alternative" point of view, since your "point of views" are nothing but misinformed, twisted and biased opinions that you can't support with any logical arguements.

The team doesn't belong to that shallow little gene pool stuck in rural Quebec,

Actually, it does. Since Gillet bought the team with aid from the Quebec Provincial Government, ie. the shallow little gene pool stuck in rural Quebec's taxes.

You lose again, you little facist redneck coward. :-^

[Edited on 6-9-2005 by ap79]

Actually, it does. Since Gillet bought the team with aid from the Quebec Provincial Government, ie. the shallow little gene pool stuck in rural Quebec's taxes.

Q govt can't even support itself with local taxes, especially from the pur laine segment of the population, never mind a hockey team. Biggest "have not" province in the dominion, historically. If George Gillett decided to move the team to Boulder or Portland, there is nothing that would prevent it except his own word.

Q govt can't even support itself with local taxes, especially from the pur laine segment of the population, never mind a hockey team. Biggest "have not" province in the dominion, historically. If George Gillett decided to move the team to Boulder or Portland, there is nothing that would prevent it except his own word.

I wouldn't call the NHL's Board of Governors "nothing."

I'm not usually one for name calling, but you are absolutely crazy if you think Gillett could move the Habs on "his own word." It takes a lot more than an owners word to move any team, let alone one of the Original Six. An owner can't just up and say, "Hey, I think I'd like to move my team to so-and-so city." It doesn't work like that, Einstein.

Considering the fact that Molson's was trying to divest themselves for years, and have still not completely succeeded, I don't know that there will be a lineup to buy it. Particularly if Gillett insists on recouping his original investment. I doubt he would try to move the team, particularly now that it has been wrested from the death grip of Ron Corey and all his Franco buddies.

A couple of years back the Canadien's section of the NHL guide showed that EVERY employee listed had a pur laine French Canadian name. Right down to the janitors, practically. What are the odds that in a multi ethnic, "bilingual", city like Montreal the best candidate for every opening in the support staff and management would happen to be pur laine Franco?

Gainey has made big steps by sweeping out a lot of the rubbish that Savard accumulated and overpaid, like Quintal, Juneau, Audette, Perreault, Brisebois, Dykhuis, Traverse, etc., etc. Thank God that Turgeon and Lapointe didn't want to play in Montreal, when Savard tried to overpay them a few years back. That would have bankrupted Gillett for sure. Also the ethnic breakdown of the support employees is starting to show some balance again.

But for anyone to suggest that the Habs are owned by the taxpayers of Quebec (not George Gillett and Molsons), and that anyone who suggests otherwise is a "facist red neck" is a bit alarming. I think that person needs to get out of his isolated little hamlet at least once before he dies.:idea:

Q govt can't even support itself with local taxes, especially from the pur laine segment of the population, never mind a hockey team.

This is getting tiresome.

You say that:

A) a Provincial Government can't support itself through taxes,

B) a particular "ethnic" segment of that province contributes less than others;

so C) that province can't support a hockey team?

Try this, Einstein:

A) Stay away from Economical Politics, obviously not your strong suit.

B) 80% of a province DO NOT contribute less in taxes than the 20% remaining.

C) A hockey teams is ridiculously less expensive to run than a provincial State. Obvious.

Biggest "have not" province in the dominion, historically. If George Gillett decided to move the team to Boulder or Portland, there is nothing that would prevent it except his own word.

Tell me Lord Durham, what century do you live in? You basically say every francophone from Quebec is a poor inbred farmer. :lol:

You tried the wrong forum to share your stereotyping, racist, White Man's Burden-nostalgia rhetoric. Try http://www.KKK.com or http://www.HailHitler.com, I'm sure you'll find other people of your kind who'll welcome your drivel with arms wide open.

But for anyone to suggest that the Habs are owned by the taxpayers of Quebec (not George Gillett and Molsons), and that anyone who suggests otherwise is a "facist red neck" is a bit alarming. I think that person needs to get out of his isolated little hamlet at least once before he dies.:idea:

I never said "owned", I said "belong" (quoting you) and I stand by that. You said the team didn't belonged to the "shallow gene pool stuck in rural Quebec" and I proved you wrong. Tax payers helped Gillet buy the team via a Government loan. Logically the team belongs to them more than anyone else.

And yes, refering to a population with stereotyping derogatory terms such as a "shallow gene pool stuck in rural Quebec" does makes you a facist redneck.

Originally posted by The Saint

Yaaaaawwn.

I long for the hockey related posts...

But this is a little like slowing down by an accident scene...

Blame it on the impaired-posting of beckham, not on those calling him up on his crap.

Beckham, you're a disgrace to the great organization that are the Habs...and you call your self a fan????

I agree with ap79, you're nothing more then a fascist redneck. How can you be a fan of the Habs and post disrespectful comments about their #1 pool of fans...the french living in Quebec.

I hope that you realize that at the same time you're attacking most of the best players that ever played in hockey, most of the players that revolutionized the game over the years and most of the players that made the Habs the rich in history team that they are. :que::que::que:

You say that Kolzig wasn't getting anything out of helping Price like Melanson, but you seem to forget (not surprizing since most of your comments lack logic) that Kolzig is part owner of Price's WHL team and by helping him be a better goaler, that means a better team, therefore more fans and more revenues. You're really an idiot without any logic what so ever!!!!

Please, don't post anymore stupid comments...oh wait, that means that you wouldn't be able to post anything anymore..I'm good with that!!!

The Habs don't need fans like you and more importantly, the world doesn't need fascist rednecks like you, so please shut up or grow up!!!

:hlogo::hlogo::hlogo:

I'd much rather read beckham's posts with an occasional flaw or a controversial ocmment than all of your insults and arguments. Atleast he's staying on topic and not wasting pages of posts solely to the purpose of arguing with you guys.

And by the way, a fan of the CH is someone who likes the team, not the other fans. I like Franz Ferdinand but I <b>don't</b> like every other FF fan alive and there's a good possibility that I like less than half.

By the way, I forgot about Ahonen and Noronen, they should turn out alright. But either way, Quebec golatenders are the best in the league and it's pretty much impossible to argue otherwise.

Thanks and NO MORE BOO-BIRDS!!:mad:

Yaaaaawwn.

Blame it on the impaired-posting of beckham, not on those calling him up on his crap.

I blame it on you guys and everyone in this conversation. Shortcat, don't post threads like this. The title says it all.

What were you expecting to gain from this? Don't answer that.

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

I'd much rather read beckham's posts with an occasional flaw or a controversial ocmment than all of your insults and arguments. Atleast he's staying on topic and not wasting pages of posts solely to the purpose of arguing with you guys.

And by the way, a fan of the CH is someone who likes the team, not the other fans. I like Franz Ferdinand but I <b>don't</b> like every other FF fan alive and there's a good possibility that I like less than half.

By the way, I forgot about Ahonen and Noronen, they should turn out alright. But either way, Quebec golatenders are the best in the league and it's pretty much impossible to argue otherwise.

You must also be a fascist redneck to defend beackham and is racist comments.

First, I have seen many of your posts and often you have argued Beckham's posts, so don't tell us what to do when you can't even do it your self!!!!

Second, Beckham posted racist comments (more then once on top of it) against the people living in Quebec and you want us to say nothing about it???

Third, I have seen many of Beckham's posts and often not agreed with them and never said anything about it, but enough is enough, I had to say something about is racist remarks, there is just no place for that here.

Fourth, the purpose of these posts is to exchange ideas and argue with each other in a respectful manner, so don't say that its a waste of pages to argue with each other, that would be going against the hole purpose of this.

Fifth, by the way, your comparison with Franz Ferdinand doesn't make any sens??? He may not have to like the other fans, but he sure as hell as to respect the other fans. As a matter of fact, he's supposed to respect anybody.

If your a non respectful fascist redneck and approve Beckham's racist comments, then you should stop posting comments here too. I agree when you say that he is entitled to is opinion, as long as it remains respectful of other people!!!

Its a shame, I love Bulis and I appreciated many of your posts in the past, but now you've lost my respect, unless your intentions were to state that he is entitled to is opinions and not to defend is racist ramarks.

You should watch out who you defend, defending somebody that posts racist comments makes you look like a racist too, which I hope is not the case.

As for Beckham, I hope that he will start to be more respectful from now on.

Yaaaaawwn.

I blame it on you guys and everyone in this conversation. Shortcat, don't post threads like this. The title says it all.

1) Shortcat didnt post the thread, it was split from Prospect Camp's thread.

2) If beckhams is allowed and tolerated to make derogatory remarks, you have no right to blame other people from answering. Stop tolerating beckham's crap and the rest will stop.

Originally posted by Komisarek the Cruncher

You must also be a fascist redneck to defend beackham and is racist comments.

First, I have seen many of your posts and often you have argued Beckham's posts, so don't tell us what to do when you can't even do it your self!!!!

Second, Beckham posted racist comments (more then once on top of it) against the people living in Quebec and you want us to say nothing about it???

Third, I have seen many of Beckham's posts and often not agreed with them and never said anything about it, but enough is enough, I had to say something about is racist remarks, there is just no place for that here.

Fourth, the purpose of these posts is to exchange ideas and argue with each other in a respectful manner, so don't say that its a waste of pages to argue with each other, that would be going against the hole purpose of this.

Fifth, by the way, your comparison with Franz Ferdinand doesn't make any sens??? He may not have to like the other fans, but he sure as hell as to respect the other fans. As a matter of fact, he's supposed to respect anybody.

If your a non respectful fascist redneck and approve Beckham's racist comments, then you should stop posting comments here too. I agree when you say that he is entitled to is opinion, as long as it remains respectful of other people!!!

Its a shame, I love Bulis and I appreciated many of your posts in the past, but now you've lost my respect, unless your intentions were to state that he is entitled to is opinions and not to defend is racist ramarks.

You should watch out who you defend, defending somebody that posts racist comments makes you look like a racist too, which I hope is not the case.

As for Beckham, I hope that he will start to be more respectful from now on.

I'm not defenidng his racist comments but him, himself.

You're allowed to argue but do you realise what you're arguing about? This is a Canadiens site and that's what arguments should be about; hockey. Not if you like Quebecers or if someone's a fascist redneck.

So wait, I'm a fascist redneck because I told you to stop arguing about nothing and get back to the topic of the thread?

It's a shame that you suddenly dislike a hockey player because a member of a site you like to post on said something you disagree with.

It's true I sometimes disagree with him but I don't insult him, return his racial comments or anything like that. Maybe a sentence against him and then the rest of the post back to topic.

And you guys have to admit you do pick on him. Most of his posts contain no racist contents but only a hockey fact you disagree with like that the best goalies come form Brandon. Right away, the messages flood in about how he's crazy and knows nothing about hockey or anything. Had anyone else said that there would never been an argument. You guys are veyr provocative. Just look at shortcat's thread. The sole purpose of it was to start an argument against beckham and watch it grow.

What happened to these being great boards with no spamming and only top-notch CH fans?

Out the window by people who can't keep their mouths shut.

[Edited on 2005/9/8 by Bulis_the_Habbie]

Yaaaaawwn.

1) Shortcat didnt post the thread, it was split from Prospect Camp's thread.

2) If beckhams is allowed and tolerated to make derogatory remarks, you have no right to blame other people from answering. Stop tolerating beckham's crap and the rest will stop.

The only moral crap I've seen him post was about Quebecers. I've seen an equal amount of "fascist redneck" and other racist comments back at him.

"Stop tolerating beckham's crap and the rest will stop" !!!???

First of all, what do I have to do with any of this. How will me <b>start</b> arguing with beckham <b>stop</b> arguments against beckham!?

I think "the rest" will stop a hell of a lot faster if everyone would <b>start</b> toleraitng beckham's posts.

I think "the rest" will stop a hell of a lot faster if everyone would <b>start</b> toleraitng beckham's posts.

The rest will stop once beckham's inflamous posts are either deleted or if he is banned himself.

Sorry, but I wont "tolerate" broad, racist comments. "Letting it slide" is an implicit endorsement. Either the comments stops or you get these threads you dont like.

I don't know where you come up with the "racist" stuff. For one thing, I don't think that French speaking Quebecers are a seperate race. They are Caucasians (more or less), just like most English speakers from B.C.

This all stemmed from someone saying that Price would be fine "once Roland Melanson was finished with him", or something like that. I expressed my skepticism about changing a kid's style (see Olivier Michaud) when he seemed to be doing well as he was. This led to someone saying that Melanson and Allaire had some magic formula to create great goalies, and the proof was in all the great French Canadian goaltenders. I pointed out all the F.C. goalies who weren't (or aren't)so great, and voila!......."le racism".....

It seems more directly "racist", (or at least ethno-centric to be exact) to MAKE the claim that F. C. or Finns make the best goaltenders than to CHALLENGE such a claim. I know there are Francophone sites where bashing the Anglos is a regular pastime. Francophones who choose to use an Anglo site have to expect that there will be some derogatory remarks.

What is the great harm? It seems to me that it happens all the time in sports and life. Between races, ethnic groups, religions, fan bases......Don't pull a Brisebois and get all self righteous over a harmless poke even though it is all right to call someone an "*hole", "mother*", "*sucker", etc., on the ice.

This led to someone saying that Melanson and Allaire had some magic formula to create great goalies, and the proof was in all the great French Canadian goaltenders. I pointed out all the F.C. goalies who weren't (or aren't)so great, and voila!......."le racism".....

Nobody made such a claim, yet you felt compeled to shots at F.C. goaltenders.

I know there are Francophone sites where bashing the Anglos is a regular pastime.

Two rights dont make a wrong.

Francophones who choose to use an Anglo site have to expect that there will be some derogatory remarks.

Because this site is in English its OK to take cheap shots at other ethnic groups or nationalities whose main language isnt English? What kind of f*cked up logic is that?

What is the great harm? It seems to me that it happens all the time in sports and life. Between races, ethnic groups, religions, fan bases......

Dont try to downplay your posts because "others do it" or "it happens elsewhere". It doesnt absolves you of your wrongdoings.

But trying to find excuses or downplay your comments means that you admit that you have said derogatory remarks or have slanted Francophones.

The Forum rules are pretty clear:

4: No racism/racial-slurs/prejudice/etc

http://www.habsworld.net/forum/viewthread.php?tid=57

The proof is there. Let's see what the Admins think about it.

[Edited on 8-9-2005 by ap79]

The rest will stop once beckham's inflamous posts are either deleted or if he is banned himself.

Sorry, but I wont "tolerate" broad, racist comments. "Letting it slide" is an implicit endorsement. Either the comments stops or you get these threads you dont like.

But why?

Can you tell me what the point of this thread was?

[?tid=57

The proof is there. Let's see what the Admins think about it.

[Edited on 8-9-2005 by ap79]

Well, Patrice, if I was as gutless as you and spent all my time trying to get people banned, I'm sure I could go back and dig up all sorts of material that violates the rules of the board. Yours definitely included. But I can't be bothered, so my response remains the same....fill your boots.

This thread was split off from a thread about hockey because the topic had strayed away from prospect camp to racially insensitive comments made by beckham. I split those posts into this thread, simply to show beckham that his comments are unnacceptable to us, while protecting the original thread.