A good first game

kaos

Originally posted by ndmartinxyz

Nice win.

They were outplayed...especially in the second period, where they should have gone down at least 1 goal if not for Theodore (as usual).

The best sign of change? I'm a Red Sox fan and I've never heard Terry Francona say one thing that may be interpreted as criticism about the players...it's nice to have a coach who isn't afraid to speak the truth:

Claude Julien thought his Montreal Canadiens looked sluggish, tired and average.

on Ryder's goal:

"I thought he played an average game," Julien said. "But good players find a way to make a difference, and although he had an average game, he found a way to score the winning goal."

I know this may seem like leadership 101 to some of you, but I'd pay anything to have Tito say things that challenge his players.  

Good sign of things to come, if you ask me.

I agree, you point out so well the most positive element that could be taken from last night game....and its vital importance.

Wether losing or winning, Julien is a polished mirror into which the team can truly assess its performances.........and thats why I sleep well at night.

it was a good game... we absorbed their pressure and reacted well... scoring late shows the heart of this team... but we gave up too many shots as usual which has always been our problem... we have to reduce that theo can't stand on his head every night

I turned on the TV to see the MVP of the team put the Habs on top 1-nothing. He's now on pace for an 82-goal season, one of the greatest feats of all-time!

Ya, BULIS!

Originally posted by HABZRULE

Are you kidding when you said Kasparitis? 1st- he would never go with Ivanans. 2nd- Ivanans SHOULD be able to handle him like he was a 12yr old girl. I seriously like the idea of trying him on the power play though.  At the very least, try it in practice. I just want some rough stuff to see how the team handles it, and to see if they play "bigger" with BIG MAN in the line-up

I not so sure you need a big guy in front of the net on the PP in the "New" NHL. I was at the Devils game last night. The 'guins had LeClair in front of Brodeur all night and got nothing. The Devils were using Brian Gionta (all 5'7" of him) as the "screen" on their PP. He poked in 2 goals. Size is less important, now that it's a penalty to move the guy. Smart teams may find they are better off using a guy that can quickly jump on the rebounds.