What are the chances?

Zowpeb

So what are the chances that we'll see a trade of some sort before the season begins?

Could be any one of Breezy, Perreault, Theodore(from the rumours), Ribeiro.

Personally, I hope we deal Breezy and Perreault for a decent LWer or defensive upgrade...and I hope it happens before training camp begins.

Any thoughts?

Also, what rookies does everyone think will make the team out of training camp?

My guess is that Hossa, Komisarek, Ward and maybe Perezhogin or Higgins...but I expect one of Zhog or Higgins to be in the AHL to start the season. Higgins chances depend on whether one of Perreault or Ribeiro is dealt as well as how well he adjusts to the physical play. Zhog's chances really only depend on his adapting to the North American style...I think has a better chance of making it before Higgins.

I dont think Theodore will be dealt, Gainey will take a serious look at him first. Brisebois and Perreault would be the obvious choices because theyre expendable and we have replacements( Ribeiro and Komisarek) and they cost a lot for nothing.

Rookies? Id put my money on Perezhogin since hes an offensive threat and plays both wings. Higgins's spot doesnt depend on the other centers since theyre ready to put him on LW. They dont want him on a 4th line though.

Hainsey is a guy whos got a lot to prove, I think he'll make the team because I really liked what I saw in the playoffs and I think he'll have tremedous desire to prove everyone wrong.

So: Komisarek, Hainsey, Ward, Hossa and Perezhogin with an outside chance of seeing Higgins.

Lets pray veterans will be benched.

If a trade was to happen, I would guess it would involve Perreault. I doubt we'll deal Brisebois at this point, although that would make me very happy. However, Brisebois does have some good qualities, and he can help this team. I only hope he wont be on the 1st PP unit, and wont be at all on the ice during PK.

1st unit: Markov-Hainsey

2nd unit: Brisebois-Komisarek

As for the rookies, Komisarek, Hossa, and Ward IMO already have spots on the roster unless they totally blow it. Hainsey has a strong chance, but he'll need to prove himself more than Komi does (which is too bad because he deserves a real chance).

I don't see either Higgins nor Perezhogin starting the year with the Habs, but Perezhogin could be on his way up before the All-Star game... Higgins will need a full pro-year. Same for Kastsistyn even if he does sign before the season starts.

I also think Ryder could begin the season with the Habs on the third or forth line.

I think the chances are good that we see one of Perreault/Ribeiro dealt before the season begins (but thats what I have been thinking all summer) , I just cant see why the habs would want to go into the season with both of them around...

As for the rookies , Ward is pretty much a lock imo to make the team (already has) , plus he has a one way contract. Komisarek and Hossa are also sure bets imo...

Perezhogin and Higgins could surprise and see some time with the habs , but I doubt they make the team out of camp....

And Hainsey , I dunno... Not sure what the habs plans are for him , I'd love for him to crack the lineup though.

Potential moves before the start of the season?

- Dykhuis traded

- Dackell traded

- Hossa traded (was offered in deal to move up in draft)

- Breezer? I'm clueless on that one, I have no idea whether Gainey is just being really discreet about shopping him or whether he's decided to keep him cuz his trade value is so low.

- Theo... no way.

I think Perreault/Ribeiro/Juneau will all still be here... they want to put pressure on the kid to perform, as they did by insisting that the contract be 2-way.

Dealing Perreault would essentially ensure Ribs of a spot, I don't think that's what Gainey wants to do.

Perreault and/or Juneau will be dealt during the year... the later into the season the less of their contract there is left, so they'll be more attractive then.

They might either if Ribeiro beats them out of a job as the season progresses, or if we're out of the playoff race by the deadline.

Which kids will make the team?

- Ward & Komisarek are the 2 locks to be here all year

- Ribeiro will 99% start the year there but I'm not sure where he'll be at year end. (Hamilton/traded)

- Hossa I could really see going down or being moved during the year.. but he should start in MTL

- Ryder has a good chance of making the team, 4th line RW duty

- if Perezhogin or Higgins are mighty impressive, I could see the Habs trading Hossa quickly to open up a spot

- Hainsey to me really depends on Breezer. If Breezer stays, Quintal is forced to move to the left side and Hainsey has no room.

Markov-Rivet

Souray-Breezer

Quintal-Komisarek

If Breezer is dealt (with no D man in return) then Quintal can stay on RD and Hainsey is ok.

Hainsey's other shot is if Souray health suffers any setbacks.