Nhl Awards Question

Trizzak

At what point will a trophy be made or renamed with Gretzky's name on it?

Considering the records he currently holds, you'd think something would be changed.

I never liked Gretzky much... and I always liked the fact that NHL's Awards had names tied to the early history of the game and the "founding fathers" of hockey. I think it should stay that way.

If they want to have a trophy with Gretzky's name on it, they'll need to create one. I suggest "Player most effective but least exciting to watch" or "Player most protected by goons and referees". :P

what they should do is make a new trophy call it the wayne Gretzky award, and give it to the players at the end of the year who has the most assists. Makes sense since he has 714 more assists than anyone else. And I think people who get a lot of assists should be rewarded, just as importnant as goal, a plalyer can get around the whole defence wrok hard along the boards, and pass it across, the crease you a wide open player with an open net.

anyone agree?

Edited by habsWEREgood

At what point will a trophy be made or renamed with Gretzky's name on it?

Considering the records he currently holds, you'd think something would be changed.

Right after Bobby Orr gets his trophy, for the leading scorer amongst defensemen or the best offensive defenseman. Leave the Norris for the best overall defenseman.