Perezhogin

ozhab

I'm really liking what I'm seeing from Perezhogin out there. Forget the fact this kid is one of my faves, he's really coming on strong in these playoffs. Hustle, work ethic, hitting - there are a few players on this team that could pick up a thing or two by wtaching his play.

And great positioning on the goal he scored - great to see him put up his first playoff goal.

Go Habs and go Zhogs!!!

He'll be an awesome 2nd line player in a few years time.

All we need to do is get rid of the deadwood (aka Zednik, Bulis, Sundstrom, Bonk, maybe Ribeiro).

Zhogs, Plex, Higgs, Kosty, Chipchura, Latendresse, even the other Kostitsyn and Locke and Murray... we're set on forward.

Now to do something about our D

Edited by TheAussiePosse

All we need to do is get rid of the deadwood (aka Zednik, Bulis, Sundstrom, Bonk, maybe Ribeiro).

Zhogs, Plex, Higgs, Kosty, Chipchura, Latendresse, even the other Kostitsyn and Locke and Murray... we're set on forward.

Now to do something about our D

Hmmm... Zhog has first line potential and I would be a little upset if he turns out as "only" a a secondliner.

And I don't think those gus are dead wood. Sundstrom doesn't even play (besides for now) so we don't really need him and Ribeiro is the worst player on the team and he has an attitude problem. That's 2 that should definitely be gone. Now, we don't really have enough space for Bulis and I doubt he'll want to come back anyway so that leaves Zednik and Bonk. Most people bash Bonk for some strange reason but he's been playing amazing since he got back from his injury, this winter. definitely doesn't deserve all the bashing he gets and I would say he's in Gainey's long term plans. Yes, he's overpaid but look at John Madden - that's the cost to get a good two-way forward in this league. Zednik plays pretty bad in the regular season but he's great in the playoffs. That raises the question on whether it's not signing a guy just for the post-season (if he won't help get you there). It also raises the question of if he can do it in April then why can't he at any other time - he must have potential to do well in theregular season. After all, he has scored 30 goals before, something we glorified Ryder for. I say that we don't need Zednik but I won't be all that disappointed if we keep him until his contract expires. I think the real question is what do we have Aaron Downey and Todd Simpson for? I mean, I lke them but they never play.

Oh, yeah. Back on topic. Zhog is great. :D

Hmmm... Zhog has first line potential and I would be a little upset if he turns out as "only" a a secondliner.

And I don't think those gus are dead wood. Sundstrom doesn't even play (besides for now) so we don't really need him and Ribeiro is the worst player on the team and he has an attitude problem. That's 2 that should definitely be gone. Now, we don't really have enough space for Bulis and I doubt he'll want to come back anyway so that leaves Zednik and Bonk. Most people bash Bonk for some strange reason but he's been playing amazing since he got back from his injury, this winter. definitely doesn't deserve all the bashing he gets and I would say he's in Gainey's long term plans. Yes, he's overpaid but look at John Madden - that's the cost to get a good two-way forward in this league. Zednik plays pretty bad in the regular season but he's great in the playoffs. That raises the question on whether it's not signing a guy just for the post-season (if he won't help get you there). It also raises the question of if he can do it in April then why can't he at any other time - he must have potential to do well in theregular season. After all, he has scored 30 goals before, something we glorified Ryder for. I say that we don't need Zednik but I won't be all that disappointed if we keep him until his contract expires. I think the real question is what do we have Aaron Downey and Todd Simpson for? I mean, I lke them but they never play.

Oh, yeah. Back on topic. Zhog is great. :D

I would like to highlight that comparing Bonk to Madden is an insult to Madden. At least he scored 16 goals this year. No way Bonk deserves Madden money.

i agree about Bulis, Sundstrum, and Ribeiro, but Zednik, whom i couldn't stand anymore during the season (how many times will it take you getting stopped on the boards before you realize it's a ######ing dead end??), has been unbelievable in these last two games. seriously. he's upped his game up more than a few notches lately! he's been fighting for the puck, opened up his vision of the play, and he's even started cutting in the middle again!

it's been quite a nice surprise.

ps. Bonk, who's been nothing but consistent on the PK all season long, has been outstanding in this series. and did you see him last night?? he was hitting every Canes player that came along the way. and hard! i'm impressed and more than happy Gainey got him in the lineup.

Edited by lull

I do not call Bonk, Zednik, Ribeiro, Sundstrom dead wood. Bonk - did not score this year very often at all, but he has really turned it on with excellent penalty killing and defensive play...and he is improved with cycling the puck in the offensive zone.

Zednik - Had a slump year. Wow? Look at all the great players in this league's career stats and you will see that it is possible to have one or two bad years. HE LED OUR DAMN TEAM IN SCORING THE PAST 3 YEARS AND NOW HE STRUGGLES FOR ONE YEAR (regains himself in the playoffs of course) AND NOW ALL THE BAND WAGON FANS ARE JUMPING OFF THE ZEDNIK BANDWAGON AND BASHING HIM. sorry for my rant, it makes me so mad when fans are so unloyal to their team.

Ribeiro - struggled too this year, i still see him as a good young player with great stickhandling and remarkable passing skills. Some people say he has an attitude problem in the changeroom, but alot of that could be paparazzi bullsh** because we personally do not know that for sure. People on this site reffering him to the worst player on the team and everything else...well, that is incorrect through my eyes...he is a great player.

Sunny - played horrible last night, just horrible. However, he played well the game before that. Gretzky referred to Sunny as "One of the smartest players he has ever played with." I dont call someone that smart and a good penalty killer dead wood.

With Zednik alraedy under contract and the way this line is going, I think we may have found ourselves a GREAT third line for next year with Plekanek, Perezhogin and Zednik. or a 2b or depending what else happens even a second line.

According to my calculations there is only 1 player who has not stepped up at any point this year and that is Ribeiro. Sure you see glimpses of talent here or there, but the guy has no consistency and no strength sure he's made an effort to play better and mroe physical, and I commend him for that, but he doesn't fit this team and needs to go.

For people under contract or restricted we have some great stuff brewing for next year

But back to this thread, I want to commend Perezhogin, he has been awesome. So has that line, best in the playoffs thus far. They are creative, physical enough, strong on the puck, excellent effort to get back defensively. And they seem to be the only line that is willing to cycle down low in the ofensive zone.