Rule changes are not the answer.......

Fletch96

Changing all these rules is silly.

I still say we need less number of teams in the NHL. We all know that the talent pool is watered down as it is. With so many teams there is room for knuckle heads and other less talented players in the league, hense all the hooking and grabbing an injured star players.

By elimanting the weaker teams and the less skilled knuckle heads I guarantee there will be more goals scored, and the games will once again be entertaing, and marketable again. Just look how exciting international hockey is.

[Edited on 2004/3/1 by Fletch96]

How do you propose to choose which francises to eliminate? Worst record a given year, worst finances, worst attendance, lotto or let habs fans vote them out.

Fact is it will get bigger not smaller so we have to deal with the fact that the talent pool will be diluted.

This brings us to proposed rule changes. All will agree that the stick work is getting out of hand. Lose the visors and up the high stick with blood back to 5 min major. Just get tougher on this would help.

Allow the second man in without a penalty for someone coming to the rescue of a guy that has been cut. lol

:-^

Honestly though < I was a goalie in my youth and the proposed rule is not the best answer, from what I get of it and they have been vague, but the goalie must be able to handle shoot ins if any thing allow contact. If not we will be short defencemen by mid season as play adjusts to the rushes to the corners this will cause:can: