Poll on ESPN

Fanpuck33_

jesus, guess who is winning? The red wings... that's such bull. Are the Wings going to beat the blue jackets? C'mon!

Habs vs. Isles is a severly important game for playoff positioning and nobody seems to care. Right now it is just a distant third. It's kind of silly to post the avs and the wings for an ice picks game. They are already going to show both teams all the time anyways... it seems to me that they should put some games that they didn't intend to show in their regular schedule, then it would be an interesting concept.

Fankpuck, you need to get center ice.... sure, it ain't exactly cheap, but over the course of a season i think it pays for itself.

simonus is right, Fanpuck33. I signed up for the NHL Center Ice package back in September, and not only did I get almost all the Canadien games, I got some of the more important non-NHL games also, such as the 2004 World Junior Championships (although we mainly got to see the games that Canada was involved in), and the ECHL and AHL All-Star Games.

This season it cost me $159, but my cable TV provider (Cablevision) allowed me to pay it off in four installments.

Frankly, I do not trust ESPN at all for hockey.

As for the game on March 31 between the Canadiens and Islanders, it won't matter to me if it is on ESPN shows it or not because I bought my ticket to that game back in January.

[Edited on 3/8/2004 by ViolentR]

I can't get Center Ice on my cable, and a dish is not in my price range, since I would have to pay for the dish and the center ice package. You don't have much extra cash when you are a a year away from being a teacher. Not a lot of money in my future profession, but I like it, so it evens out. And it's better than my last job, what was I thinking majoring in math? I should have known I would end up teaching at some point.

I had to get digital cable so that I could have RDS the only real Habs coverage. I wasn't happy about spending the extra money but it has been worth it.

:ghg:

Oh, and I speak no french at all.

man, I wish I could get some RDS out here in the US as a specialty package. I have been sending letters to get center ice to simulcast a game from RDS so that some of us homers could get the french feed.... they don't seem so interested.

<i>Oh, and I speak no french at all.</i>

Heh. It's funny, I took French from grade four through my second year of university, took a school trip to Quebec City, and I've probably retained more practical knowledge of the language from RDS.

Well, mostly practical. I'm not sure how far "et la buuuuuuut!" is going to get me in real life ...

ESPN is just awful for hockey. Not only have they slashed coverage since they started carrying the NBA, but even their website is not up to date. They just launched a new "My ESPN" feature that put your favorite teams on the ESPN homepage for easy access. So of course I have the Habs on there, and they are listed as 8th in the East. We've been in 7th for how long now?