Fire Destroys Stores on Ste. Catherine St. W

Psycing

The Gazette | http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/news...428&k=32425

A violent blaze ripped through a Ste. Catherine St. W building today, destroying or severely damaging four restaurants, a depanneur, a bar at street level and numerous apartments on the floors above.

Wow, I was just there the other night. My friend works at the Arahova Souvlaki restaurant, so I'm sure she's glad her job is still intact (It's one of the next door buildings that wasn't damanged by the fire).

anywhere near the old forum?

GO :hlogo: GO!

About 10 blocks east.

that's quite a ways... those east-west blocks in montreal (in the downtown area, anyway) are pretty long sometimes...

that's quite a ways... those east-west blocks in montreal (in the downtown area, anyway) are pretty long sometimes...

well not in this part of town, they are narrow streets and quite close together, it's about a five or ten minute walk. but the old forum is safe, unfortunately you can hardly recognize it as the old forum anymore, but that's another thing .. .

well not in this part of town, they are narrow streets and quite close together, it's about a five or ten minute walk. but the old forum is safe, unfortunately you can hardly recognize it as the old forum anymore, but that's another thing .. .

i understand that it was to be converted in some sort of indoor business/shopping center

i understand that it was to be converted in some sort of indoor business/shopping center

AMC Theater (Movies, usually get the more internaional ones). Along with Future shop and other random shops. Used to have a pretty good arcade there, but it "flooded" aka went bankrupt.

yeah I was quite dissapointed when I went they're.. it just felt like a shopping center like all the others