Online Petition for Perezhogin

Anyone who:

Takes the time to write an online petition or signs an online petition is an idiot.

Like I said before, they never work. It's the damn internet, and they could really care what a bunch of people they've never seen or talked to thinks just because they typed there name and a really poorly constructed sentence.

They lack legitimacy. Most people sign 2, 3, 4, a dozen times just to give the petition more signatures.

Idiots ruin the petition by writing IN ALL CAPS BECAUSE IT MAKES THEM FEEL SPECIAL!!!

Online petitions are made for the dumbest reasons including "Send William Hung to Hollywood" or "An Online Petition to Ban Online Petitions."

"Free Todd Bertuzzi" is by far the most moronic. Free him for what, assaulting someone because he's an athlete? Because he is an athlete, he can beat the crap out of you and get away with it? Oh...real logical. The petition didn't even accomplish anything aside from annoying the hell out of everyone that didn't care and knew it wouldn't work.

The Kovalev petition. Oh yeah, the Habs Organization are going to spend millions and millions of dollars just because 100 people who can't even spell their name correctly signed a form on the internet.

You might as well get a 3rd grader to write up a petition because it'll be just as effective and incorrect.

[Edited on 2004/5/8 by Ribeiro]

It is over the top to call someone an idiot for signing. I won't sign because I dont think it'll work. However calling people idiots for signing is over the top.

My stance on it is. If Hogin is gonna get 90 games, Stafford should get atleast 45.

You cannot ban a guy for a year and give another guy 6 games, for the exact same play. C'mon.

Thats like saying "You only fired a gun at someone and missed, so you can go free"..

Thanks for ripping off my article ;)

I signed it a few days ago when I found it on another board, but I doubt it'll do jack all. But, you gotta voice your opinion somehow. Lucky for me, I've got an outlet in Habsworld.net, where I can just open up my Microsoft Word, type in my opinion, and then lots of people can read about it and call me an idiot ;)

I agree that Stafford should be suspended for a hell of a lot longer that six games.....thats b.s

For Perezhogin to get one year in the AHL....damn. However, throughout IIHF that is absoulutely ridiculous.

The three bums that jumped him after the 'incident' should also be punished also, including the Barons coach that tried to get at him by the dressing room.

What they must do is revise the rule book; any use of the stick in an abusive conduct, accidental or intentional, should have a mandatory punishment. Whether the victim is injured or not should not be taken into consideration whatsoever. Even raising the sick above the shoulder, away from the puck, should result in a suspension...(ala Suter's crosscheck to Kariya's head, caused us to lose a medal in Nagano) They have gotta crackdown early and often to reduce this nonsense in the league. The sooner they do that...the better off the game will be, and the habs will be able to shine again!

Originally posted by Ribeiro

Anyone who:

Takes the time to write an online petition or signs an online petition is an idiot.

Like I said before, they never work.  It's the damn internet, and they could really care what a bunch of people they've never seen or talked to thinks just because they typed there name and a really poorly constructed sentence.

They lack legitimacy.  Most people sign 2, 3, 4, a dozen times just to give the petition more signatures.  

Idiots ruin the petition by writing IN ALL CAPS BECAUSE IT MAKES THEM FEEL SPECIAL!!!  

Online petitions are made for the dumbest reasons including "Send William Hung to Hollywood" or "An Online Petition to Ban Online Petitions."

"Free Todd Bertuzzi" is by far the most moronic.  Free him for what, assaulting someone because he's an athlete?  Because he is an athlete, he can beat the crap out of you and get away with it?  Oh...real logical.  The petition didn't even accomplish anything aside from annoying the hell out of everyone that didn't care and knew it wouldn't work.  

The Kovalev petition.  Oh yeah, the Habs Organization are going to spend millions and millions of dollars just because 100 people who can't even spell their name correctly signed a form on the internet.  

You might as well get a 3rd grader to write up a petition because it'll be just as effective and incorrect.

I signed it, and I'm not an idiot. I know it means little, and you have your opinion, but to call someone an idiot for doing this is weak. :mad:

I agree and think signing the Hogin petition is as dumb as the Bertuzzi one. But I really like the Kovalev Petition because RDS is backing it. Being from a business backgroud I see RDS giving the Kovalev Petition the neccessary credentials it needs to be considered credible. Being that RDS pays the Habs millions of dollars per year to televise the game. RDS wants Kovalev Signed more than anyone else, and when RDS speaks the Canadians in some degree listen.

Plus honestly, do you see Super Habs Fan number 1 George Gillett not signing Kovalev? God he probably loves him more than anyone else on the team besides Saku. Kovalev will be a habs next year, it only makes sense when you think about it.

It is over the top to call someone an idiot for signing.

It depends how many times you sign a petition. I've signed 1 petition, and that was to ban online petitions just because it was funny.

Other petitions, I do not sign. They simply don't work, and disturbing forums with them is useless. It's basically spamming.

No difference between doing that and posting the URL to your website guestbook at a forum.

Besides, what does Perezhogin have to do with HABS TALK. This board has been filled with all the wrong topics recently. A Bulldogs board exists for a reason.

I signed it, and I'm not an idiot.

If you aren't an idiot, why are you so angry?

After-all, you aren't an idiot, so how does that apply to you?

I agree and think signing the Hogin petition is as dumb as the Bertuzzi one.

It would suck if the writer of the Bertuzzi petition was reading this, sent he probably spent time writing that. So I apologize to him.

Most people who write online petitions simply get caught up in the moment anyways. And it is extremely inane to free Bertuzzi because he is an athlete. He's overrated anyways, and I would not want him on the Habs as he would only cause trouble for us. We don't need any more dumb penalties, fights and civil wars within the habs.

The internet was so much better before online petitions.

Well, Ribeiro, if you're offering to go around with a real petition, asking people to sign, I commend you. Make sure you stop by Sweden, the United Arab Emirates, Japan and Australia too, while you're at it. There are habs fans who would love to be able to sign something like that, that is so much more effective. :eyes:

The WWW is what connects the world, connects countries and even cities to eachother. The postal service has been in slow decline because of the lack of snail-mail - all they have left is packages and bills, and even those are beginning to go high-tech.

If you don't like something, leave it at that. No-one's making you sign the petition. To say that you don't like online petitions because you feel they are pointless is one thing, to call people idiots because they have an opinion is another.

One of the first lessons one learns in school is "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all". If you can't play nice, go to the ESPN boards.

I enjoy reading your opinions, as I do with everyone, but your apparent "mean-streak" undermines your point.

On another completely different note, I signed it too - I can't see an ice hockey petition making it's way to Australia anytime soon

Edit: Post Number 500, w00t! It snuck up so fast...

[Edited on 2004/5/9 by TheAussiePosse]

Originally posted by TheAussiePosse

Well, Ribeiro, if you're offering to go around with a real petition, asking people to sign, I commend you. Make sure you stop by Sweden, the United Arab Emirates, Japan and Australia too, while you're at it. There are habs fans who would love to be able to sign something like that, that is so much more effective.

Actually, real signatures from just those in Quebec would be 100 times more effective.

If you don't like something, leave it at that. No-one's making you sign the petition. To say that you don't like online petitions because you feel they are pointless is one thing, to call people idiots because they have an opinion is another.

It disrupts conversation. Like I said before, what does a Petition on Perezogin have to do with HABS Talk!? How would you like it if someone posted:

SIGN MY GUESTBOOK!!!! <INSERT URL HERE>

Exact same thing. Spamming.

One of the first lessons one learns in school is "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all". If you can't play nice, go to the ESPN boards.

And one of the other lessons is "Just ignore those who bother you", and we all found out how ineffective that was. Or other dumb things like "Humans aren't animals" and more fables.

On another completely different note, I signed it too - I can't see an ice hockey petition making it's way to Australia anytime soon

For what? So it accomplishes nothing?

Anyone who:

Like I said before, they never work. It's the damn internet, and they could really care what a bunch of people they've never seen or talked to thinks just because they typed there name and a really poorly constructed sentence.

They lack legitimacy. Most people sign 2, 3, 4, a dozen times just to give the petition more signatures.

"Free Todd Bertuzzi" is by far the most moronic. Free him for what, assaulting someone because he's an athlete? Because he is an athlete, he can beat the crap out of you and get away with it? Oh...real logical. The petition didn't even accomplish anything aside from annoying the hell out of everyone that didn't care and knew it wouldn't work.

The Kovalev petition. Oh yeah, the Habs Organization are going to spend millions and millions of dollars just because 100 people who can't even spell their name correctly signed a form on the internet.

I signed it knowing it wouldn't make much of a difference and thinking what harm could it do....So that makes me a idiot does it?????

I prefer to be called a fuc*ing cu*t, thank you very much.

[Edited on 2004/5/10 by Spider-Man NL]

I enjoy reading your opinions, as I do with everyone, but your apparent "mean-streak" undermines your point.

Maybe I'm just pissed off because our team lost to Tampa Bay. :puke:

If we lost to an actual team with talent and skill like the Devils or Bruins - I wouldn't have said anything. Even the Leafs...

But the Lightning...

The fluke OT goals...

:wall:

Maybe I'm just pissed off because our team lost to Tampa Bay. :puke:

If we lost to an actual team with talent and skill like the Devils or Bruins - I wouldn't have said anything. Even the Leafs...

But the Lightning...

The fluke OT goals...

:wall:

Can't you just admit the Lightning are legitimate? You cannot possibly argue with the team's talent. Management did a great job putting the team together. Get over the sweep. It was no fluke.

Lol, I followed that thread while it was alive. Nearly every response said that TB was no fluke. I will never understand how a team wins consecutive division titles, even though it is the SE, and puts up 90+ points two consecutive years. If they were a fluke last year, they wouldn't be in the conference finals this year.

Let's compare them to the Habs.

Top line: About even. Zednik tops Fedetenko, Vinny and Koivu are about equal, and Kovalev only matches St. Louis if he is playing well.

2nd Line: I take Modin over Yanic/Bulis/Dags. I take Richards over Ribeiro, but barely. Another season may prove me wrong. I think Stillman is better than Ryder at this point, but only because Ryder is inexperienced.

3rd Line: I take Begin over Taylor. I take Andreychuk over Ward. LW is a wash.

4th Line: Tampa doesn't use one, they rotate forwards over the 3 lines.

D: I'll take Kubina and Sydor over anyone the Habs have any day of the week. The rest, I see a slight advantage for Tampa, because they play smart. I'll take their D over the Habs every time.

Goalie: I love Theo, but Khabi is at least his equal and has put up numbers for a longer period of time.

Coach: Torterella over Julien. Look at how Torterella has got his team playing, they play hard and don't make a ton of mistakes. Julien can't keep the lines together and can't get the mistakes decreased.

They lost in the 2nd round last year, then improved their team by getting Stillman and Sydor. They built a winner. They are better than the Habs. They were better than everybody in the east this season.

Tampa will be back next season, mark my words. They will likely lose Andreychuk to retirement and they will resgin Khabi. If they win the division next season, will you admit they are no fluke?

Tampa Bay won because of Montreal's mistakes. You are only going to go so far by waiting til game 3 to show up.

As for the petitions. To each their own. If you feel better about things by stating your opinion to the world and documenting the fact that you aren't alone in that opinion, fine. I just hope you realize that these things mean nothing.

Oh, and by the way, real, offline petitions are a waste of time too. There are a ton of factors involved in a contract negotiation. What if Kovalev decides he doesn't want back? What if he asks for too much? What if Gainey knows something we don't? Maybe there's a better opportunity that he sees?

The montreal canadiens hockey club is a business. Business decisions won't be determined by fan signatures. At least I hope not.

The AHL won't take this into consideration from my point of view. This petition to them is just a bunch of fans, signing this thing as a biased position. I will sign it, but like many other people have said, but im not sure it will work.

Nearly every response said that TB was no fluke

Yet you forget to mention the responses that did say they were flukes, or lucky.

And you ignore the poll, which clearly points to "fluke".

Let's compare them to the Habs.

That's your comparison, not ours, or a GM's, or Coach.

Oh, and by the way, real, offline petitions are a waste of time too. There are a ton of factors involved in a contract negotiation. What if Kovalev decides he doesn't want back? What if he asks for too much? What if Gainey knows something we don't? Maybe there's a better opportunity that he sees?

I agree.

Not only is it meangingless but it is extremely vexatious when fans post pestering others to sign the petition. That's known as "spamming", it's no different than spamming your own website's guestbook or forum for new posts.

The montreal canadiens hockey club is a business. Business decisions won't be determined by fan signatures.

They aren't even signatures. Online petitions are signed by people who can't even type out their name OR WRIT LIKE TIS!!!

The AHL won't take this into consideration from my point of view. This petition to them is just a bunch of fans, signing this thing as a biased position. I will sign it, but like many other people have said, but im not sure it will work.

A couple of things are likely to happen:

1. They never see the petition because nobody cares and the URL is so damn long.

2. They are somehow notified of the petition that is being hosted on PetitionOnline, next to a million others, they type in the petition name, happen to find the one they are looking for and laugh. In which they conclude by saying, "These guys need a hobby."

And you ignore the poll, which clearly points to "fluke".

Only 8 people voted. And like puck said, at least a few likely voted only so they could see the results. The link to see results is not very visible. I would like to see how many more people would have voted for the following options:

They are no fluke, they are for real.

or

They have looked good for 2 years, another good year and they are no fluke.

A fluke is a team who has one great year and folds. Tampa has strung two great seasons together. You say no team gets good this fast. They've been building this team for years. Their young players, i.e. Vinny, Richards, etc. are putting it together. They have brought in good veterans via FA. I can only hope that Gainey will do as good a job with the Habs as whoever the GM of the Bolts has done with his team.