Leafs re-sign Belfour/Newy/Robert, Bondra to be UFA

puck7x

EDIT - Leafs just signed Belfour too...

- Leafs signed Newy and Roberts each to 1 year deals today, still no word on Belfour. I dont mind, it just means that the leafs will keep getting older.

- Sens did not pick up the option on Bondra's contract.

- Draper re-signed with Wings (old news from yesterday)

- Blues made Pronger a 9.5 million qualifiying offer to retail his rights, its reported that they will not give qualify Demitra and he will become a UFA.

Its going to be an excting next few days... (starting with the habs signing Lappy... maybe tomorrow)

Ohhh and the Kings failed to qualify these players, so they are all UFA's... If Deadmarsh didnt have such bad health problems I would LOVE him on the habs.

<u>Not Qualified</u>

Jason Allison

Adam Deadmarsh

Anson Carter

Brad Chartrand

Mathieu Chouinard

Maxim Kuznetsov

[Edited on 2004-6-30 by puck7x]

Oh yes, Lappy was qualified by the Kings, but that means nothing. Lappy, having played 10 professional season and making under the league average salary can opt to UFA status... And he will for tomorrow.

Qualifying Lappy is just standard procedure for the Kings. But make no mistake Lappy is a UFA.

Oh yes, Lappy was qualified by the Kings, but that means nothing. Lappy, having played 10 professional season and making under the league average salary can opt to UFA status... And he will for tomorrow.

Thanks for clarifying that. I was pretty pissed when i saw that Lappy was qualified, but we can still sign him so thats good. I really think him and Begin would be a great energy/fan favourite duo.